Lutz Auto - Speedometer Correction Device (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I’ve been using one of these to calibrate 33.1” tires on a 2006 LX470 for 6 months. Overall it works well except when cruise control is on. When cruise is on there is a undulation where the throttle goes up and back down over and over. The vehicle speeds up then slows back down ever so slightly but noticeable, over and over and over. it’s enough to make me not use cruise control. This is most noticeable on flat surfaces. It seems to me there is a delay while the unit processes data and spits out an answer back to the vehicle but that’s just my guess.

Hi,
I will PM you. I have seen this in a few particular cases where I think there is a natural oscillation.

Lutz Auto

Pumped to have this unit for my 80 finally reach Australia (not with me yet, mind you, but waiting to clear customs). Thing was stuck in CA for over a month before it left the USA. Been driving carefully in Aus over the holiday period because they’re super strict this time of year.

Hopefully clears customs quickly 🤞😬🤞

Pumped to have this unit for my 80 finally reach Australia (not with me yet, mind you, but waiting to clear customs). Thing was stuck in CA for over a month before it left the USA. Been driving carefully in Aus over the holiday period because they’re super strict this time of year.

Hopefully clears customs quickly 🤞😬🤞
Wow man, mine pretty much came straight from Lutz, no delay in shipping.

Yeah, pretty big delay but whatareyagunnado? Has now cleared customs so hoping it arrives this week.
Sometimes the standard USPS shipping is very slow to Australia. The more expensive shipping options will get it there in a couple days, but they're pretty pricey for one item.

I've got a yellow box sitting in my parts drawer. I installed it once but it did not change the speedo. Not long after that I had battery problems (bad alternator) and removed the yellow box during troubleshooting.

I came across this thread the other day and immediately order the Lutz speedo correction. This seems incredibly simple and easy compared to the yellow box instructions.

Wow. The Lutz Auto speedo calibration is simple and easy.

Before I started I collected four data points (50mph, 60mph, 65mph, and 70mph) and calculated the results. I then averaged the four data points for a -.07% for my final calculation.

It took longer than expected to remove the connector off the TC due to the mud in the clip. However connecting the Lutz Auto speedo calibration was easy and programming was a breeze. I zip tied the control box to the fuel lines and took the Cruiser for a drive. The speedo was perfectly in sync with GPS data and I could not detect anything different from the way the speedo operated previously.

Unfortunately, now that my speedometer and odometer are correct, I was able to accurately calculate that I was only getting 12mpg on the highway :(

Wow. The Lutz Auto speedo calibration is simple and easy.

Before I started I collected four data points (50mph, 60mph, 65mph, and 70mph) and calculated the results. I then averaged the four data points for a -.07% for my final calculation.

It took longer than expected to remove the connector off the TC due to the mud in the clip. However connecting the Lutz Auto speedo calibration was easy and programming was a breeze. I zip tied the control box to the fuel lines and took the Cruiser for a drive. The speedo was perfectly in sync with GPS data and I could not detect anything different from the way the speedo operated previously.

Unfortunately, now that my speedometer and odometer are correct, I was able to accurately calculate that I was only getting 12mpg on the highway :(
Yes love the Lutz auto speedo correction.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom