Builds Lumpy the LandCruiser (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I didn't post when I did it, but I put the dash back together. Everything went pretty smooth. While in there, I cleaned EVERYTHING! lubed up all of the moving parts for the vents/knobs/flaps, etc... I cleaned all of the vent tubes, all of the surfaces I could get a rag on. It all looks good as new and operates very smoothly!

This last weekend got all of the hoses connected for the front heater, rear heater, and every other coolant hose in the engine I hadn't already assembled. I also started on refurbishing the oil pan and inspection cover. They were caked in grease from so many leaks over the years. (mainly the power steering pump). Regardless, once cleaned up, it all looked good. Here are some pics of before and after: (I still need to install it with the new gasket, which I hear is a lot of fun...)

1628534388220.png

1628534414285.png

1628534443646.png

1628534471756.png

1628534508884.png

Does the flywheel bellhousing have a plug? I was underneath my FJ60 and found the hole with nothing in it next to the bolt on the south end. Should it be plugged?
Are you referring to the plug circled in the picture? I don't know what exactly it plugs, but it is some sort of plastic plug. Maybe if you submerge it, you can let water out? I have seen them without a plug, so I don't think it "needs" to be plugged.

1629382665039.png

Are you referring to the plug circled in the picture? I don't know what exactly it plugs, but it is some sort of plastic plug. Maybe if you submerge it, you can let water out? I have seen them without a plug, so I don't think it "needs" to be plugged.
Yes that plug! I was worried that since mine was missing that it was a big problem.

I got the heater core from Cruiser Corps last Friday as expected. It looked used. It had the blueish/green coolant crusty stuff inside of it. Not sure if they are used/recored, or what the story is. Regardless, it looked 100x better than the one I took out. I took it to the local radiator shop and they soldered the tubes on and pressure tested it and said it was good to go with no leaks. I just need to install some foam around it, as the CCorps core didn't come with any. Hopefully I can get it installed and the dash back together this weekend.

(I doubt the Cruiser Corps heater cores are recored, because my local radiator shop wanted around $300 to recore mine, and I've heard that price for others as well, and CCorps is selling them for only $130... Anyone know?)

View attachment 2660980
Do you have a part number for the heater core?

It's been quite awhile since I've posted... Life is busy. I have made a little progress. Getting much closer to turning the key! Got it desmogged, all the appropriate vacuum lines routed. Just been assembling and continuously cleaning.
1649180593994.png

Things are moving so slow!!! Too many other projects. I cleaned up the brackets to mount the radiator (wire wheeled, and POR-15), as with all the hardware, I wire wheeled and sprayed with anti-corrosion clear coat, got all the vacuum lines routed for the desmog and the radiator installed. Getting very close to turning the key! All that's left to turn the key is to rebuild the steering box so I can hook up the power steering, install the exhaust, and fill all the fluids. I'm currently building a small family cabin by myself, so it could be another 3 months before I do those things... LOL (You can see the dust collecting on the air filter cover)

1656522901862.png

1656522930319.png

1656523049660.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom