“New” to me Rock Warriors (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Will the stock lugs nuts on the LC200 work correctly for Rock Warriors? I believe sometimes the lugs are cone vs flat? Not sure whats stock and whats neede.

Thanks!

Will the stock lugs nuts on the LC200 work correctly for Rock Warriors? I believe sometimes the lugs are cone vs flat? Not sure whats stock and whats neede.

Thanks!
No, you need these:
IMG_0740.jpeg

There is a 4 wheel set with wheel locks for the McGard lug nuts that comes with the spline socket and lock key. Note that the part number is different from the set of 4 lugs (65515BK) but they are the same lugs.

IMG_3657.jpeg

I bought both because I didn’t want the wheel locks on the 4 tires. I will use them on my swing out mounted spare.

You can also get much cheaper Gorilla 14x1.5s but they are, well, cheaper. I have used them for several years and had no issues other that the black paint getting scratched off very quickly just from the spline tool.

IMG_3655.jpeg
IMG_3658.jpeg

The McGards are slightly taller/longer. McGard also makes an even longer 14x1.5.

McGard 20 lug plus locks kit comes with these rubber caps. I think just to protect them as they are packaged in a bag. Maybe could use the caps when wheeling in the rocks.

Thanks!

Since you have the Rock Warriors, you should have a copy of Toyota's "Rock Warrior Bible" - here's a link:

Toyota 17" TRD Wheels Tech Sheet

Lots of good info.

HTH

Thanks!

If you want to go full on OEM for the lug nuts, here's the official Toyota installation kit for the Rock Warriors:

TRD Wheel Installation Kit​

Toyota Part No.: PTR27-60110
Toyota PTR27-60110 TRD Wheel Installation Kit

• TRD Installation Kit for use with 14mm conical seat applications. This kit includes 16 Spline Drive Lug Nuts, 4 TRD Wheel Locks and installation tools. Wheel locks feature laser engraved TRD Logo.
Just FYI - there is no functional reason to opt for the Toyota kit as the lug nuts are made by McGard.

HTH

Thank you! Ordered the lugs sans locks.

Sounds like my stock sensors will not work, came with some sensors but sounds like they may/not work based on year. Will have to cross check ModelNums with dealership…

Is there a parts diagram floating around with the 2019 stock tpms sensor? Trying to understand what I have vs what I have to order specific to the RWs…

Stock 200-series TPMS bolt right in to rock warriors.

Really?!? Ive been catching up on the various threads posted above and it sounded like diff parts but also depending on LC year. Maybe I went down a thread rabbit hole that was talking about steel vs alloy…

Really?!? Ive been catching up on the various threads posted above and it sounded like diff parts but also depending on LC year. Maybe I went down a thread rabbit hole that was talking about steel vs alloy…
Probably. Steel and aluminum mount at different angles which explains the incompatibility.

There is a guy that sells f sport ones for $60 for the set. Brand new. I have purchased two sets from him for my vehicles.

"New OEM Alloy Wheel Locking Lug Nut Set M14 1.5 20 Piece Lock Key McGard 65515" on ebay

Finally got a hold on some KO3s and will get the RW on finally!

Verified that my existing TPMS sensors will transfer over and picked up some spline lugs.

Anyone know the proper torx bit size for the ring fasteners?

Any ideas on where I can find “new” center caps. I have em but a bit worn!

Finally got a hold on some KO3s and will get the RW on finally!

Verified that my existing TPMS sensors will transfer over and picked up some spline lugs.

Anyone know the proper torx bit size for the ring fasteners?

Any ideas on where I can find “new” center caps. I have em but a bit worn!
T30 IIRC.

@Markuson had a few new center caps a while back, but not sure if that's the case still.

I got 3 brand new TRD wheels and 2 lightly used for sale if anyone interested PM me. I am in Chicago.

I got 3 brand new TRD wheels and 2 lightly used for sale if anyone interested PM me. I am in Chicago.
There is a forum section just for this

T30 IIRC.

@Markuson had a few new center caps a while back, but not sure if that's the case still.

I do, but they are almost impossible to find any more. Saw a few on eBay for crazy $…

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom