Lseats - What's the Deal?? Very Disappointing. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

So after about 2 years (15k miles) of my 125lb wife getting in and out, the center of the driver seat is starting to come apart. Apparently the quality isn't quite what I thought it was when I first put them in. Disappointing.
View attachment 2477180
View attachment 2477181

Shoot, was going to get these. After seeing that I doubt I'll go this direction now. My OEM leather looks only slightly worse for wear than those!

@FJ60Cam would probably be the best bet, but I don't think he's making them anymore.

Maybe check these guys?

@FJ60Cam would probably be the best bet, but I don't think he's making them anymore.

Maybe check these guys?

Leather is up and running again, it's just not on the site - send an email to cam@mosleymotors.com. This is top grain, dyed through, so you won't have any issues with delaminating or dye wearing off.

IMG_2543.jpeg

The smooth leather texture looks closer to stock compared to the raised grain type on the L-Seat.

So the color is wearing off already? Does the textured leather feel cheap?

Another option is Ridies. $500 gets you front seats, headrests, armrests and center console...and great customer service.

View attachment 2478409

Appreciate the feedback. My 100 has been babied and the front leather is still holding in there. I'm about a year away from replacement, which means I'm around 4 months away from ordering. Looking forward to hearing feedback from folks who have had the Ridies a bit longer.

Is this the "nappa" or the "genuine"? Sorry if I already asked. It looks smooth like nappa.

Interested to know this too. Need to do my LX470

I like my L-seats. First picture is from my new GX460 leather trimmed. Picture 2&3 are from my 2000 LX470. I lexol (clean and condition) them both they feel about the same. My installer said that he thought for the price the L-Seats were a good value.

D5BE92AE-9CA9-4EB6-A9BD-C321B00BEBAD.jpeg

CAB90D62-93F2-4A4A-9AF2-3097E5FD970E.jpeg

3A7CCF48-C9DD-437B-90BB-314D3ACF7AFE.jpeg

Another option is Ridies. $500 gets you front seats, headrests, armrests and center console...and great customer service.

After reading all of the reviews on Lseats, Landcruiser Heaven and Ridies, I ordered the Ridies three weeks ago. Should be shipping within a week. The day after I submitted my order I was contacted to confirm the various options and was given an estimated ship date of 4 weeks. Will report following install.

I'm compelled to share my embarrassing story and bad experience with Lseat. Hopefully, others see this before placing an order with them. 4 weeks ago I placed an order for the front and rear seat covers for the J100. I have a 2006 Landcruiser. They finally arrived and I brought the covers and seats to a local upholstery shop a couple of days ago. Today I found out they are the wrong size and do not fit. I called the number on the website several times but never got an answer or a callback. I did get a reply to the e-mail I sent stating I ordered the wrong product and that I should have ordered the LX470. Maybe that is right but the website is not clear and I'm sure others could easily make that mistake. Once more, there is no one to talk to and make sure you ordering the correct product. After several e-mail exchanges, my options are to return the covers and pay a 20% restock fee plus $29 in shipping ($179 total) and wait another 3-4 weeks for the correct set. Or return and receive a credit minus the $179. So I start searching for other options and google leads me to this thread. I wish I would have read it a month ago.

I just called Ridies and spoke to a representative who not only walked me through my order but also agreed to expedite it at no extra charge due to the circumstances. An expensive lesson was learned. The silver lining may be that despite the extra cost I am optimistic that I will end up with a better quality product based on what I read here in earlier post.

STAY AWAY FROM Lseat!

IMG-0862.JPG

IMG-0863.JPG

I'm compelled to share my embarrassing story and bad experience with Lseat. Hopefully, others see this before placing an order with them. 4 weeks ago I placed an order for the front and rear seat covers for the J100. I have a 2006 Landcruiser. They finally arrived and I brought the covers and seats to a local upholstery shop a couple of days ago. Today I found out they are the wrong size and do not fit. I called the number on the website several times but never got an answer or a callback. I did get a reply to the e-mail I sent stating I ordered the wrong product and that I should have ordered the LX470. Maybe that is right but the website is not clear and I'm sure others could easily make that mistake. Once more, there is no one to talk to and make sure you ordering the correct product. After several e-mail exchanges, my options are to return the covers and pay a 20% restock fee plus $29 in shipping ($179 total) and wait another 3-4 weeks for the correct set. Or return and receive a credit minus the $179. So I start searching for other options and google leads me to this thread. I wish I would have read it a month ago.

I just called Ridies and spoke to a representative who not only walked me through my order but also agreed to expedite it at no extra charge due to the circumstances. An expensive lesson was learned. The silver lining may be that despite the extra cost I am optimistic that I will end up with a better quality product based on what I read here in earlier post.

STAY AWAY FROM Lseat!

View attachment 2526593

View attachment 2526594
So let me make sure I get this right.. you didn't know that the LX seats are different from LC seats, despite that there is a clear picture of the seat covers actually on the website. You picked Toyota from the menu as the brand you were ordering, instead of Lexus, and you did not return them in their stated free-return 14 day period? Then you didn't open the package and check it? You missed every opportunity to order the right thing, and fix you mistake for just the cost of shipping, and LSeat is somehow now responsible? Sorry man, you own that one.

So let me make sure I get this right.. you didn't know that the LX seats are different from LC seats, despite that there is a clear picture of the seat covers actually on the website. You picked Toyota from the menu as the brand you were ordering, instead of Lexus, and you did not return them in their stated free-return 14 day period? Then you didn't open the package and check it? You missed every opportunity to order the right thing, and fix you mistake for just the cost of shipping, and LSeat is somehow now responsible? Sorry man, you own that one.
Maybe I'm missing something here but I own a Landcruiser not a Lexus. They did not offer me to return for shipping only. And yes, I notified them within 14 days.

As an owner of a 99 LC with a badly split drivers seat, I'd be interested in how the Ridies turns out. One question. From the thread above, it looks like the LX seats are different than the LC seats. I noticed on the Ridies website they don't distinguish between LC or LX when ordering see - 1998-2006 Lexus LX470 / Land Cruiser Leather Replacement Seat Covers With Center Console - $499.95 | Ridies.com

Do you need to specify in the special instructions when ordering? Also, what color matches the tan that seems to be in most of these trucks from that era?

As an owner of a 99 LC with a badly split drivers seat, I'd be interested in how the Ridies turns out. One question. From the thread above, it looks like the LX seats are different than the LC seats. I noticed on the Ridies website they don't distinguish between LC or LX when ordering see - 1998-2006 Lexus LX470 / Land Cruiser Leather Replacement Seat Covers With Center Console - $499.95 | Ridies.com

Do you need to specify in the special instructions when ordering? Also, what color matches the tan that seems to be in most of these trucks from that era?
If you add to cart they ask you questions like do you have a LC or LX and do you want wrinkles. Light Tan is super close. You can't tell the difference.

Screenshot_20201217-105759_Gmail.jpg

If you add to cart they ask you questions like do you have a LC or LX and do you want wrinkles. Light Tan is super close. You can't tell the difference.

View attachment 2527226
That is correct. Additionally, you have the benefit of talking to a company representative to ensure it's the correct item.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom