LS3 C&C Automatic VS Manual.... thoughts?? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

thats jus dumb
I have a better option for you to consider and it eliminates all the troubles of a remote start. Install one of the aux coolant heaters and circ pumps. They can be pricey but some work really well. They can usually be set Tina timer or clock so they come on at a preprogrammed time a d when you come out to your truck the coolant is all toasty and heat pretty much from the get go. Webasto sticks in my mind but there are others.

I have a better option for you to consider and it eliminates all the troubles of a remote start. Install one of the aux coolant heaters and circ pumps. They can be pricey but some work really well. They can usually be set Tina timer or clock so they come on at a preprogrammed time a d when you come out to your truck the coolant is all toasty and heat pretty much from the get go. Webasto sticks in my mind but there are others.
Tried a coolant heater...failed miserably. Maybe a better option than the 1 i bought tho....

I just swung this into my 62 yesterday. NV4500. They are very stout and although the gear spread is not as "nice" as an H55 an LS V8 doesn't care. Especially an LS3. I have no love for 4L60s. If you are doing a GM engine there are 2 proven options IMHO, NV4500 or 4L80.
View attachment 2733617
If it is the convenience of getting into a warm truck you're, look into getting a coolant heater and or oil pan/block heater. Heat right away and less wear on start up.
What about this TR-4050?

Tried a coolant heater...failed miserably. Maybe a better option than the 1 i bought tho....
My T1N sprinter has one and it worked really well to help boost the coolant. A friend who also had a T1N (2004-2006 model) had the aux controller for it and it would come on in the morning and warm everything up nicely.

you could also just run a block heater and run a small recirc pump…my take some thought on plumbing but would help warm things up over just having static coolant and heat in one spot.

What about this TR-4050?

I have zero experience with them, maybe ask in 20 years when they're cheaper 😅. They're supposed to be nice, you'd have to look at how to adapt to cruiser T case, I am pretty sure you could use a NW Fab Black Box, which would be an additional low gear reduction as well as adapter.

I have zero experience with them, maybe ask in 20 years when they're cheaper 😅. They're supposed to be nice, you'd have to look at how to adapt to cruiser T case, I am pretty sure you could use a NW Fab Black Box, which would be an additional low gear reduction as well as adapter.
How much does the NV4500 run new...cant find a price

How much does the NV4500 run new...cant find a price
To the best of my knowledge they haven't been manufactured since ~2007 (also the last year they were available in GM trucks). Not too long ago you could find new old stock oddball i.e. ones with external parking brakes for delivery trucks, for sale. You can buy a remanufactured unit for probably in the 2-3k range. I saw one on a cart at the local parts store the other day for a Dodge pickup (larger input shaft.) It's about $300 for a quality full rebuild kit, and not hard to do so used is always an option. I believe Novak, Quad4x4 and a few others probably have remans for sale.

Is there even a adapter for the 4050 transmission to the split case? I've never heard of this other transmission
not sure...thats why I asked about it.

I forgot, I even made a thread about it

I forgot, I even made a thread about it

So that 4050 would work eh???? think its any better than the NV4500? Shall i guinea pig?

So that 4050 would work eh???? think its any better than the NV4500? Shall i guinea pig?

well it’s all the same ratios in a more modern lighter weight case design and probably better bearings, gear teeth etc.
Keep in mind first NV4500 came out in 1991 so they’re pretty old school. TR4050 has 20 years of development over a NV4500

Remote start on Manuel works just fine, had one on my wifes 07 FJ cruiser installed at dealer when new, had 200k when sold. never had a problem, safety switch went threw handbrake, and a magnet switch is installed on shifter.. 👍

Are you sure truly or are you just saying that. What manual transmission has a neutral saftey switch please tell me. Maybe a clutch saftey switch in some vehicles. Also if you even figure out how to make some type of something to recreate a neutral saftey switch that works by you k owing how to use it what if you let a friend/wife/girlfriend use your rig and they know nothing about it and leave your rig in gear and you have no idea and remote start it and come outside to get in your warm/cool truck just to find out that it has ran trough a fence into your neighbors yard and ran over their small child playing in their yard then what who is at fault the kid? You? The shop that did the work? Really think about it.... I have installed at least a thousand remote starts and I have driven manual transmission vehicles and not once have i installed one in my own manual transmission vehicles even tho i can do it.

Damn you and @cruisermatt sound like my ex wife, getting hung up on the minor details of calling something the wrong name but well knowing what they are talking about, ease up on the guy you know what he’s talking about, no need to roast for saying a manual has a neutral safety switch

We’re all here to help.

Yes I had a ranger and an f-250, both manuals with remote start, parking brake switches, never not once had an issue on them. High school and college cars.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom