LS3 C&C Automatic VS Manual.... thoughts?? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

4L70 and 4L75. They are upgraded evolution of the 700R4/4L60/4L65

you can do all the upgrades in the world to a 4l60 but it’s still a 4l60 at the end of the day. :lol:

they’re ok for stock power 4.8/5.3/6.0 stuff I always get rebuit ones with warranties though. If that tells you anything.
more for the ease of the swap though since the AA adapter actually works, ask @tmxmotorsports about his 4l80e/splitcase adapter experience :lol:

I like that 4l60 simulator pedal.

you can do all the upgrades in the world to a 4l60 but it’s still a 4l60 at the end of the day. :lol:

they’re ok for stock power 4.8/5.3/6.0 stuff I always get rebuit ones with warranties though. If that tells you anything.
more for the ease of the swap though since the AA adapter actually works, ask @tmxmotorsports about his 4l80e/splitcase adapter experience :lol:

AA = Additional Alteration

Don't even get me started with advanced adapters bull s*** I did figure out what was needed after a cussing match with them and their friggen adapter

Don't even get me started with advanced adapters bull s*** I did figure out what was needed after a cussing match with them and their friggen adapter

20210717_151510.jpg

Safety start switch. Will only remote start in neutral. It has been done countless times I’m sure.
Are you sure truly or are you just saying that. What manual transmission has a neutral saftey switch please tell me. Maybe a clutch saftey switch in some vehicles. Also if you even figure out how to make some type of something to recreate a neutral saftey switch that works by you k owing how to use it what if you let a friend/wife/girlfriend use your rig and they know nothing about it and leave your rig in gear and you have no idea and remote start it and come outside to get in your warm/cool truck just to find out that it has ran trough a fence into your neighbors yard and ran over their small child playing in their yard then what who is at fault the kid? You? The shop that did the work? Really think about it.... I have installed at least a thousand remote starts and I have driven manual transmission vehicles and not once have i installed one in my own manual transmission vehicles even tho i can do it.

Are you sure truly or are you just saying that. What manual transmission has a neutral saftey switch please tell me. Maybe a clutch saftey switch in some vehicles. Also if you even figure out how to make some type of something to recreate a neutral saftey switch that works by you k owing how to use it what if you let a friend/wife/girlfriend use your rig and they know nothing about it and leave your rig in gear and you have no idea and remote start it and come outside to get in your warm/cool truck just to find out that it has ran trough a fence into your neighbors yard and ran over their small child playing in their yard then what who is at fault the kid? You? The shop that did the work? Really think about it.... I have installed at least a thousand remote starts and I have driven manual transmission vehicles and not once have i installed one in my own manual transmission vehicles even tho i
Are you sure truly or are you just saying that. What manual transmission has a neutral saftey switch please tell me. Maybe a clutch saftey switch in some vehicles. Also if you even figure out how to make some type of something to recreate a neutral saftey switch that works by you k owing how to use it what if you let a friend/wife/girlfriend use your rig and they know nothing about it and leave your rig in gear and you have no idea and remote start it and come outside to get in your warm/cool truck just to find out that it has ran trough a fence into your neighbors yard and ran over their small child playing in their yard then what who is at fault the kid? You? The shop that did the work? Really think about it.... I have installed at least a thousand remote starts and I have driven manual transmission vehicles and not once have i installed one in my own manual transmission vehicles even tho i can do it.
Yea it can definitely be done safely. Do a little digging on google there are safe ways to do it. Basically it would be wired so that it is impossible for the car to start unless the correct sequence of shut down/ turn off is followed and this ensures the care is in neutral and the brake it applied

cheers

Yea it can definitely be done safely. Do a little digging on google there are safe ways to do it. Basically it would be wired so that it is impossible for the car to start unless the correct sequence of shut down/ turn off is followed and this ensures the care is in neutral and the brake it applied

cheers
How does it know its in neutral?

Easy. four limit switches all tapped into the top cover to make sure every gear selector is in the right place at the same time :lol:
Plus a fifth one on the parking brake handle. :lol:

Thanks guys....im kinda a "manual for trucks" sorta guy....HOWEVER, remote start is veryyyyyyyyyyyyy appealing at 9600' in Colorado Nov-March. Sooo awesome to have such decisions to ponder.
You can still have remote start in a manual. I would be sure to wire it in through a neutral safety switch just in case you forgot to leave it in neutral.

You can still have remote start in a manual. I would be sure to wire it in through a neutral safety switch just in case you forgot to leave it in neutral.

Ah yes the manual transmission neutral safety switch that there are plenty of to choose from

I believe the brake has to be engaged, and the car has to be shut off by closing the door, so the tranny is in neutral for the remote start to work on the subsequent start. I think there are others ways to do it to. I’ve never done one but my brother has

Can it be done well yeah should it no only in a perfect senereo could it be safe. Im using could very loosely here. Im done with what i have to say back to talking about manual vs automatic transmissions

If you need remote start for a FJ60 you need to be driving something else.
Easy for you to say livin in a part of the world that never sees temps under 40.....plz

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom