LS Swap A/C connection (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey all,

So the 5.3 is running great, and now I just got the a/c charged in the lines by a local shop.

I sold my 3FE and the stock wiring harness to go with it. Can anyone help that has connected their a/c on a fj62 that has a LS swap? I need to know where you pulled power to connect to the Chevy a/c compressor pigtail.

thanks!

Joel

Did you search? it’s been covered, it really couldn’t be simpler. Connect the Toyota and GM compressor wires together. The GM compressor also has a ground wire that needs to be grounded. I like to put the GM connector on the Toyota harness and run the ground to one of the old now un-used EFI grounds and loom it all up for a clean look.

Should be the factory ac trigger I believe. Did you cut the Toyo side harness??

The side harness that runs along the passenger wheel well area towards the headlights is still there. Is the AC trigger wire in that bundle? Or is it a “plug” as I have a couple of those hanging out of that harness bundle.

I’ll snap a pic of what I have when I get back Wednesday. Thanks guys!

Far leftside on fj62 firewall black wire white strip here some pics of wire bundle

20210530_181749.jpg

20210530_181742.jpg

20210530_181728.jpg

20210530_181716.jpg

Your welcome I almost told you the wrong spot last two 60's i worked on were 84 the wire comes out in a totally different place with just a few other wires. I just happen to have an fj62 in the shop so snapped some pictures for ya.
Tommy

Far leftside on fj62 firewall black wire white strip here some pics of wire bundle

View attachment 2689481

View attachment 2689482

View attachment 2689483

View attachment 2689484

In the photo you have a yellow wire and a black with white stripe wire protruding. It looks like in the last photo you are pointing to the yellow wire, but I need to focus on the black wire with white stripe, correct?

I suppose I need to get a Chevy connector that will mate with the Connector coming out of the Chevy compressor?

thanks!

The black wire with white stripe is what your looking for.

I found the black/white wire, and it has a connector on it. The Chevy a/c compressor has a 2 wire connector. Do I need to see which of those wires has power and connect the black/white wire to it?

Yes the gm ac compressor is two wire one is ground one is power the wire that goes to the ac compressor clutch is power the other goes to ground

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom