Lost my notes on LS swap part numbers (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Several years ago I combed all the threads I could find on LS swaps. I think I sifted through some of the first LS to 80 series swaps. Now the planets have aligned, I finally have most everything I need, and I cannot find my old notes listing part numbers. I would appreciate if folks would link me to build threads that might have pn's . Or can give me PN's for the following parts I don't have yet.

Engine mounts
Is dirty dingo still the best option? PN? Did anybody ever follow through with producing a specific 80 series mount ?

Headers
Found this on a recent link
http://m.summitracing.com/parts/HOK-2312HKR/

Low profile engine pan

Harness
Has anybody had experience with a reliable vendor for a 5.3 to 80 series ?

Dakota black box
PN for the LS to Toyota instrument cluster signal converter

I got all of my bits from marks 4wd here in australia, pretty pricey but good gear, however your in the states so unless you want to wait that doesnt really help :p

it would seem DD makes the best mounts, i would go that route.

for a harness i would use lt1swaps.com and tear a factory one down. not bad, takes a few afternoons of work.

no black box needed, use hptuners to adjust the factory tach output signal to work with a 6 cyl tach.

another option for headers....http://www.summitracing.com/parts/HOK-8501HKR and works with AA mounts. More expensive, but much beefier than the other option, and much better looking. Your choice if you want to spend the extra $100-$125 (depends if you want all the other goodies like bolts and new gaskets).

Here is my parts list, I'll update tonight as I can't access it at work. DO NOT buy the headers I have in my spreadsheet, they won't work.

Impending Vortec Swap

Everyone will just make you a "stand alone" harness. They'll strip out the 15-20 wires and then leave you to figure the rest out. Not worth the cost IMO.

Others have the toyota pinouts. I believe @slow95z has it for obd1 and @twbland has it for obd2.

Harness
Has anybody had experience with a reliable vendor for a 5.3 to 80 series ?

For a good shop in the "west" to do the work I recommend,

Home

They do a lot of Ultra4 cars, ie King of the Hammers buggies.

Cheers

Well happy day. Found my gen 1 iPad with my notes. !!
Looks,like I was documenting swaps in 2013, and got the feeling that theses guys were working trial & error. If there has been updated or tried and true P/N's please shoot me new P/N's

Fuel Pump/regulator
Seems folks tried Walbro GSL 392, but decided a celica fuel,pump was quieter. Does anybody have the celica P/N ?

Engine mounts
Anybod have Dirty Dingo P/N?

Here's the fuel pump I used.

image.jpeg

Make sure if you use this one to run large enough wire and to give it the power it needs/requires.

I used a Holley regulator. It wasn't cheap but was is on a land cruiser.

The radiator is very important too. Get the best one you can afford and order it now. Custom jobs take a long time. I had one made by Ron Davis and when you look at the low temps....you'll know where the money went.

Don't try to skimp on the radiator not with all the heat that will soon be under the hood.

yes, supra pump, but try the corvette regulator. here is the kit I bought...LS Fuel Filter/Fuel Regulator Kit

that comes with all the fittings, if you don't want them the corvette filter can be had sub $40.

The radiator is very important too. Get the best one you can afford and order it now. Custom jobs take a long time. I had one made by Ron Davis and when you look at the low temps....you'll know where the money went.

Don't try to skimp on the radiator not with all the heat that will soon be under the hood.

I agree 100%. Its a pretty simple equation, with higher HP comes more heat. I personally use Griffin radiators. Just had a customer develop a pin hole leak in the radiator. Griffin E-mailed a pick up shipping label. When they got the radiator back, they sent him a brand new radiator, no questions. That type of service is a big factor in why I use Griffin. Even the very best product will have an issue here and there, it is how those issues are dealt with that makes the big difference to me.

This is a great idea I will post up p#'s of all that I'm using tonight when I can get home to my tried and true spiral notebook...

Has anybody posted P/N's for the cooling system hoses and air intake fitings ?

The cooling hoses in post number 129 on this thread look stock, so I'll try that first

1996 Land Cruiser repower

Also eems like I've seen simple solutions to routing the air intake

I haven't gotten there yet, but the hoses will depend on what radiator you use. Gm are 1.5 and 1.25. I believe air cleaner is 3-1/8". You probably already know this , sorry I can't help more.

OP, I'm also doing a swap very soon, please continue to post anything you find. This thread is much appreciated!!

Perfect JK, thanks
Panned the web site briefly on my phone, do they have solutions for LS to Toyota A/C, and LS to Toyota PS ?

A/c hoses are custom made. You'll need both and you'll need someone who can press together the fittings. They make like a compression fitting, but it isn't something I would trust long term.

PS will also need both hoses. Hopefully you kept the hoses. IF you have both the high pressure toyota and GM hose, you can take to a hose company (or anyone with a press) and they can press them together for you. Alternatively, you can build your own with AN fittings. The saginaw pump has a 16x1.5 ORB fitting. The high pressure side of the gear box has 16x1.5. The return side is just rubber hose and clamps coming off the PS cooler.

I don't know of a company offering turn key solutions for either of these for the LS & 80 series.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom