Lost my notes on LS swap part numbers (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Perfect JK, thanks
Panned the web site briefly on my phone, do they have solutions for LS to Toyota A/C, and LS to Toyota PS ?
If you keep looking at the marks 4wd website they have ps and AC conversion hoses but as Lazy said and as I've found in my area you can have them made from your old hoses for less than marks has them... I planned to use the factory RAD so got the coolant hoses from marks...

I've been in touch with Mark's they don't have an A/C or PS solutions, for pretty much what has been said on this thread, cheaper just to have them made locally.
(I'm writing this from Anchorage Alaska, and pretty sure there is not an A/C shop within a 1,000 miles, but I'll figure something out).

Those that have gotten the cooling system kit, are there part numbers on the pre-bent hoses, so that 5 years from now when I need a replacement, I can get a new hose?

I can do everything at cost and ship up to you when I get to mine, but it probably won't be until this fall...

Lazy,
I might need to see if I can work something out with you. The newest vehicle I own is a 2002 tundra, and in the last 14 years all I have ever had to do with A/C, is turn it on a half dozen times a year !!! All the manuals tell shade-tree mechanics to take A/C systems to professionals (high pressure and poison gas?).

A few years ago I imported an 80 series OEM frig/freezer center console from AU. Somewhere in my PM's I have a FSM diagram on how to connect it to the factory A/C system. its still out in the shed, but figured this current project with a 2" BL might be the best bet for routing the lines back through the tunnel. (Frankly here in AK, a cold beverages are probably the best use of A/C !!)

Probably need to start a new thread when I am ready to learn the fundamental in's and out's of A/C systems

Last edited:
I've been in touch with Mark's they don't have an A/C or PS solutions, for pretty much what has been said on this thread, cheaper just to have them made locally.
(I'm writing this from Anchorage Alaska, and pretty sure there is not an A/C shop within a 1,000 miles, but I'll figure something out).

Those that have gotten the cooling system kit, are there part numbers on the pre-bent hoses, so that 5 years from now when I need a replacement, I can get a new hose?
I will have to look at the cooling sys hoses I bought when I get home... I don't recall...

Getting ready to order a pair of electric fans for the Vortec swap
any recommendations on what will fit behind an OEM radiator?

I need as much protection as possible from water. Are there cheaper options ? Maybe something from the pick & pull ?

IDK but my idea buying these was like you - I plan to run a bead of RTV along the top & down each curved end - so both salt spray hasn’t got a way in, and I can lightly hose down the motor with freshwater when I run it out to the lake after being in salt, I have a hosedown for fish onboard.

But yeah, we’re both tracking on the same thought.
I’ll get with you when they land, maybe take a few pics of them from the perspective we’re both trying to use these for.

I know the lower area where each spark lead comes out is open to some degree, so wheelspun/mud slinging up under there **can** get in, but it’s alot harder.

I’ve never seen anybody else hiding the coilpacks like this before so IDK if any other generics make them - you need their base valvecover that the top cover bolts to, so whoever else better make a quality cover.

The common style I’d seen were ~$200-250 beauty covers that had spacers to just put milled AL covers over the top, no sidewalls though.
Like these: Eddie Motorsports Billet Chevy LS Coil Covers, No Oil Filler Cutout, Ball Milled, Satin

Maybe Edelbrock makes something, these seemed somewhat resonably priced considering I’m trying to cover my marine-duty LS3.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom