Lost but now found (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Not related to the subject but I looked at the picture, OMG there is no wall or fence between you and the neighbor? Here in Israel we have a saying, one who wants a good neighbor to build a high wall with a barbed wire above

That statement in the farming communities is: "Good fences makes for good neighbors."

Also, the rule is that since the fences separate the two properties, you own and are responsible for repair and upkeep on the RIGHT side of the fence as you stand on your own property.

Hijack over.

Not related to the subject but I looked at the picture, OMG there is no wall or fence between you and the neighbor? Here in Israel we have a saying, one who wants a good neighbor to build a high wall with a barbed wire above

My neighborhood would blow your mind then.... no fences allowed per the HOA! Luckily its in a very low crime area, the major crime of 2018 was someone had their ATV stolen from a garage while they were out of town. They found the ATV, and arrested the guy.

View attachment 1886393 Last March I left my green 96 cruiser running while I ran into the neighborhood gas station to grab a beer. As I came back out I noticed my car wasn’t parked at the front door where I just left it. After the clerk replayed the surveillance and I saw it was stolen I called the cops. After 3 months of no sign of it I decided to settle with the insurance company. Well fast forward to December and I get a call from a detective saying they’d located my cruiser and to his surprise there was no damage or stripping. I had just put brand new BFG tires on it too. I told him it was no longer mine and after hanging up the phone I called the insurance company to tell them the car was found and to alert me when they pick it up so I could retrieve my belongings. I had in the meantime purchased a white 96 cruiser. They said sure and after 3 weeks of no call from them I called them back and they said there was some issue with the title. Well after 30 days the impound lot auctions off all inventory that hasn’t been retrieved. Long story short I won it back at auction and finally got it home! Now I have 2 cruisers and no more room in the driveway, I guess it’s time to sell one....maybe!
lol best story ever love it

I am dumbfounded that anyone would leave a running vehicle unattended. That is screaming for someone to steal it. :doh:

I'm a little curious...when the detective called you to say he found the cruiser, why didn't you go get it right then? I think that's the direction I'd have gone--and THEN call the insurance to chat about it. (my cruiser is back in my driveway now....)

I am dumbfounded that anyone would leave a running vehicle unattended. That is screaming for someone to steal it. :doh:

Leaving an unattended vehicle running is against the law here in Tennessee.

Reactions: ppc

Its super common out here during cold weather. Stop by the grocery store and there will be five pickup trucks sitting out front idling while people are inside. Presumably they are locked but who wants to find out....

My half ass attempt is to lock the driver door when I leave it running to go in for a pizza or something fast, where I can still see the vehicle from inside.

It doesn't have "SALVAGE" written on it anywhere or have that box checked?
It didn’t say salvage on the initial paperwork, and when I was at the clerks office getting it titled she was able to see that I previously owned the vehicle so I’m hoping to get lucky here and it just be listed as a lost title

I'm a little curious...when the detective called you to say he found the cruiser, why didn't you go get it right then? I think that's the direction I'd have gone--and THEN call the insurance to chat about it. (my cruiser is back in my driveway now....)
Because the insurance company owned the vehicle at that time. I surrendered the title to them in order to receive my settlement.

I was curious how many miles they put on it?
Not many, it was stolen at 175,xxx when it was stolen and came back with 175,xxx. The trip odometer was at 62 and the tank almost empty

And I'm curious what the salad looked like.
Ask and you shall receive

45DB1BB4-1E90-45E2-8396-A7F8FFDDFA55.jpeg

Indeed it is, the coup de grâce was getting that ticket after getting the car stolen. However, whether on purpose or accident, the officer made a clerical error and spelled my name wrong so the ticket was dropped

Its super common out here during cold weather. Stop by the grocery store and there will be five pickup trucks sitting out front idling while people are inside. Presumably they are locked but who wants to find out....

My half ass attempt is to lock the driver door when I leave it running to go in for a pizza or something fast, where I can still see the vehicle from inside.

When I get home I’ll see if I can post the surveillance footage of it, took all of 3 seconds to vanish into the night

I bet some gangbanger used it for a murder. Double check for blood stains
:steer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom