Looking for Parts that are not typically available in the US (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey everyone,

I am helping a friend get his 1hz back up and running, it is an imported 70 series. Unfortunately, the motor blew up due to an aftermarket turbo and now a new motor is ready to go back in after being worked on. It appears that the motor did not come with all of the necessary bolts and I am now helping him hunt down the final three bolts. I will list some pictures below the missing bolts are pointed out with a screw driver I have part numbers sourced from a local Toyota dealership but they essentially told me to scour the internet because they cannot order them.

1. The first PN I am looking for is 12371-17020

IMG_4826.jpg

In this I only need one screw that attaches this bracket to the transmission, as of right now I am having a hard time sourcing the bracket even.

2. AC bracket screws 88431-60150

This one is pretty straight forward just looking for the screw the part number I am finding associated with this bracket is 88431-60150
AC mount.jpg

Any help is greatly appreciated even just pointing me in the right direction would be a great help. Thanks in advance

If you just need the bolts Belmetric.com is a good source

Cruiser outfitters would be worth an ask….

Do you have a real good old fashioned hardware store around? With almost all the bolts you have one to use as a sample. With metric bolts there are 3 different pitch on the bolts. I have an Ace hardware nearby that would probably have the bolts. It would be a lot cheaper to just buy bolts at a good hardware store than order them online. Buy grade 8 bolts. They will be overkill.

Do you have a real good old fashioned hardware store around? With almost all the bolts you have one to use as a sample. With metric bolts there are 3 different pitch on the bolts. I have an Ace hardware nearby that would probably have the bolts. It would be a lot cheaper to just buy bolts at a good hardware store than order them online. Buy grade 8 bolts. They will be overkill.
The bolts that you get at ace have a different socket size then the automotive ones.
At belmetric you can get the same size with the washer built into the bolt. Just like the OEM bolts.
And a easy to use website 🤷‍♂️

confused... are you looking for the p/n (which it appears you have) or where to purchase? try some online toyota parts places with those part numbers. if these fail then partsouq and such will most likely have them.
Thank you for the advice I will look there, I am just looking for a place to source the parts

Thank you for the advice I will look there, I am just looking for a place to source the parts
Those part numbers that you posted don't appear to be the correct numbers; look at my earlier post. Both of those look like they were used in US market vehicles (1997 Land Cruiser) you should be able to get them through your local Toyota dealer parts department.

Last edited:
Just order them on Partsouq. I order so much new hardware from them it is silly. Those are extremely common part numbers.

The thread pitch and head/wrench sizes are JIS: japanese industrial standard.
I buy from McMaster Carr if I need quantities like 10 or 25.
There is one hardware store in town that actually sells JIS fasteners but not a ton of variety.
I bought a “kit” from Overland Metric, a vendor here on Mud. That plus an electric hacksaw have taken me far.

McMaster-Carr is a great resource especially if you need it over night.

BelMetric has a better selection of metric hardware

Hello,

The sources mentioned above are good enough.

If you wish to stay within Toyota specifications, make sure your bolts fit 10 mm/12 mm/14 mm wrenches. It is quite common that metric bolts fit 11 mm/13 mm/15 mm wrenches.

Juan

Youre a saint thank you so much! did this come off of partsouq?

Hello,

Yes, it does.

Make sure you order enough (at least 4 each) bolts of each type from them.

Local metric suppliers are likely to get you bolts for 11 mm/13 mm/15 mm. As Onur / @OGBeno once put it, these sizes do not belong in a 70 Series truck, or in any Toyota.

Juan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom