Looking for a picture of the LX470 climate control screen (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Re the design: button and icon styles look fine, I would only make two changes for usability:
1) make the secondary buttons (recirc, etc) and icons the same size as the others. Key in a truck is “glance-ability”… big enough that you can recognize instantly and poke with a fat finger while driving
2) the hard edges on the recirc and defrost are too similar. I’d make one of them (probably recirc) more obviously curved. Same reason as (1)

Minor nits though. Look really good, noce work improving the functionality

Only suggestion I would have is for the icons to be larger, as well as the buttons if there's room. The easier it is to read and poke the right one, the less time your eyes are off the road. Way cool upgrade.

Also, I am NOT a designer, so if anyone wants to jump in here and improve on the design, I'm super open to that. I can handle the tech parts :)

Appears you have it pretty well sorted, but let me know if you need a hand. It's been a minute since I did anything Android, but making stuff like this is my day job.

Appears you have it pretty well sorted, but let me know if you need a hand. It's been a minute since I did anything Android, but making stuff like this is my day job.
Thanks, the app itself is really basic. Was an Android dev for a long time professionally. The challenging part was reverse engineering the canbus systems. And the design ;)

Ok - I think the first version is done.
Here's a video. What's a little odd is that you can see the truck do things in a way you never really noticed before. For example, you can see it move the vents down to your feet when you turn the heater up and move the vents to your face when you turn the temperature down. You can also see that when you turn on "auto recirculation mode" (whatever that is?!) it turns on the A/C.
Also note that since the climate control is now an app, you can just launch it from the home screen and go directly to climate control. No more tapping the floater and then the tiny climate button.

Everything is working now. I'm going to work on getting the external temperature up on the screen next.

The app:

Ok - I think the first version is done.
Here's a video. What's a little odd is that you can see the truck do things in a way you never really noticed before. For example, you can see it move the vents down to your feet when you turn the heater up and move the vents to your face when you turn the temperature down. You can also see that when you turn on "auto recirculation mode" (whatever that is?!) it turns on the A/C.
Also note that since the climate control is now an app, you can just launch it from the home screen and go directly to climate control. No more tapping the floater and then the tiny climate button.

Everything is working now. I'm going to work on getting the external temperature up on the screen next.

The app:

Looks great! One of my biggest gripes about the teyes is the climate controls.

Do you think there's any way to get the trip info screen back? I do miss the mpg and removing miles to empty estimate.

I use torque pro, but it's such a pain to reset every time I fill up with gas.

Thanks, the app itself is really basic. Was an Android dev for a long time professionally. The challenging part was reverse engineering the canbus systems. And the design ;)

Great project. Any chance you'd share the canbus information you were able to reverse engineer? I'm a C++ dev, not Android, but have done Arduino projects interfacing to sensors etc on the LC and want to build a stand alone controller for the AC so if the Teyes or any other head unit stops working I can still control it.

I think "auto recirc mode" is the feature that uses the sensor in the HVAC intake to decide if the air is "too dirty". If it is too dirty, it automatically switches to recirc mode. Supposedly exhaust fumes, smog, etc, will trigger that. At least that's how it's touted in the Lexus documents.

It's there a way to turn off the pop-up at the bottom of the screen for the hvac?

Do you think there's any way to get the trip info screen back? I do miss the mpg and removing miles to empty estimate.

I use torque pro, but it's such a pain to reset every time I fill up with gas.
Will take a look. It's easy to change stuff the Teyes already does, like climate control. Much harder to do things it doesn't like external temp and trip info.

Great project. Any chance you'd share the canbus information you were able to reverse engineer? I'm a C++ dev, not Android, but have done Arduino projects interfacing to sensors etc on the LC and want to build a stand alone controller for the AC so if the Teyes or any other head unit stops working I can still control it.
Yah for sure - will put some info on github today.

Thanks - If you end up using it for a few days, let me know what you like and don't like so I can make it better.
Will do. Got it up and running. Looks and operates great! I’ll note anything that I can to help, but at first glance/use, I love it.

One thing to note, when sliding away from dual screen view to climate control, it appears to only occupy the top half of screen. Going out of the app and back in takes it back to normal though. Doesn’t bother me because I don’t really use split screen but figured I’d mention it.

C9A341A3-559A-4895-BF5F-1B38677AD4FA.jpeg

Will do. Got it up and running. Looks and operates great! I’ll note anything that I can to help, but at first glance/use, I love it.

One thing to note, when sliding away from dual screen view to climate control, it appears to only occupy the top half of screen. Going out of the app and back in takes it back to normal though. Doesn’t bother me because I don’t really use split screen but figured I’d mention it.

View attachment 3242034

Awesome! Glad it works on someone else's truck too :)

I'm going to fix the split screen mode and actually make it look nice when it's only half the screen. Thanks for the feedback!

Please a excuse a layman trying to understand how this works. The Teyes unit, Does it interface directly with the vehicle's can-bus wires, and you can send data to the can-bus through the OS? Does the Teyes retain the black AC amplifier mounted behind the factory screen?

Does the Teyes retain the black AC amplifier mounted behind the factory screen?

Yes, that black box stays. There's no connections between the Teyes and that box via the supplied wire harness.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom