Looking for a cheap DD/commuter car (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Wow ! Lots of replies. Yeah I’m figuring it’ll probably be a civic, older Lexus, subaru, etc. mostly just seeing if anyone in the club was thinking about selling something It’s way cheaper to just own another car due to my parking situation at work.

@1MOA whats up with that corolla? Might fit the bill!

@OTRAMM sounds a little project-y!!!! The Cruiser and the Mas are a little high maintenance already!
I will ask him. @OTRAMM knows him too maybe we can get him to give you a deal.

Nothing yet. Honestly I’m working a ton and hardly have time to go look at stuff. I’m commuting in the Maserati and enjoying the currently unused valet parking at work (that ends Oct 1). Can’t complain! But... I do need to get on with the search again.

Subframe drop the maserati and thorw some TSLs on it
Ha! I’ve been hoping the opportunity might arise to buy a wrecked one and I want to do a safari/rally build on one

Subaru is a good choice if they're maintained. Some of the older ones had major head problems, which were since resolved.

I would get an older miled out one with all your salt out there.

1999 Toyota corroded. Lol.
I don't think it matters if you buy a Toyota or high-tier GM/Buick car when going twenty years back and high mileage. Parts are cheaper for the GM.

Just don't entertain ideas of old Hyundai, Dodge, Ford or other entry-level cars, as I can't see that ending well.

If you're really looking for a winter beater, maybe check out some of your local auctions there.

I have another idea. If you want an older Subaru Impreza hatchback, some were relabeled as Saab, and you may find a discount there on the same car.

Similarly, the Toyota Matrix was a cheap commuter car, and was rebadged as the Pontiac Vibe. Same car, different labels. The Vibe used to be quite a bit less than the Matrix, probably because most buyers are ignorant...

Some ideas there on a deep discount for rebadged decent import.

Still sticking with my earlier post. I’d be looking for a late 90s/early 00s Buick grandma car.

I never bought anything. My in laws have a Silverado they want to give me since they bought a newer one. It doesn't fit my need for MPG and parking but free!

We will see how this truck works out and if it'll pass MD inspection without much $$$ I could use a pickup truck but depending on how much money it needs thrown at it, I may just sell it. If I sell it I'll either get a Passat TDI, Lexus CT200h or a Prius. I was really tempted to just hit the buy button on Carvana the other night!

I believe it’s a 2004 crew cab Denali. 300k+ Miles! dealer maintained and pretty clean. Lots of highway miles. 1 owner.
Hopefully I’ll have it in the coming week and can see where things stand.

Sell it and buy two old clapped out corollas to drive so when one breaks down you have another
I need something that hopefully never needs fixing!

My comment was somewhat in jest, however for what trucks are commanding right now you could probably find a decent Camry that isn’t too old that you wouldn’t have to put much other cash towards

You can find Camry’s and Honda’s for sale all over of various years. My Daughter got a Vibe 3 years ago with 200,000 on it changed the clutch and just changes the oil. But it is a crap shoot how the previous owner treated it.

Well I almost got VW Passat SEL and then I just tossed the cheap part out of the equation and bought a certified preowned CT200h from Lexus. It’s a big departure from my usual car buying antics but it’ll get the job done.
When I did the math, All the premium fuel /maintenance for the other 2 vehicles and paying daily for parking added up to a pretty large sum. I actually save a good chunk of money owning a 3rd cars now!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom