Looking To Buy (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey all.
I'm making this post after leaving notes on cruisers around the city and scouring FB Marketplace and Craigslist.
If you're thinking of selling anything or selling, I'm looking to buy
I'm a cash buyer, and I'm interested in preferably 100s with no AHC or a 96/97 80.
Not looking for anything seriously built, just something that's been baselined already with many years left.
I don't have a car, so the DMV area (Uberable), near a train stop, or willing to drive to NW DC is preferable; if you're in NW, all the better!
Feel free to reply to this thread or PM even if you're not selling.
Thanks!

What type of budget do you have in mind for this non-seriously built, just something that's been baselined already with many years left.. type Cruiser?

its a bit of a hike but this looks to be in great condition and i messaged the seller it is a rear locked one too
nice and stock so you can put your own twist onto it!

its a bit of a hike but this looks to be in great condition and i messaged the seller it is a rear locked one too
nice and stock so you can put your own twist onto it!

I didn’t see any undercarriage pics - watch out for the rust if it has spent a couple of winters in the northeast.

It’s burning a hole in my pocket bump…
I want something to get around with this summer.
Don’t trust these local dealerships (and they seem extremely overpriced for the quality) and since I don’t have a car at the moment hard to meet people from Craigslist or FB Marketplace I don’t know / could be scams.

BUMP- Still looking, getting tired of waiting for WMATA in the cold and rain.
Also, if any fellow Mud member has something else, I'm all ears.
I should say I'm not adept with buying off of Facebook, and frankly, I don't trust 99% of those sellers.
Sharing the rig, I use OCONUS

Screenshot 2024-01-27 at 10.13.55 AM.png

This guy moves a lot of inventory through cars and bids. I'm sure if you called him up and told him your budget and what you were looking for, you could work something out.

This guy moves a lot of inventory through cars and bids. I'm sure if you called him up and told him your budget and what you were looking for, you could work something out.

Thanks. I've seen him on FB before but wasn't sure.

Luckily enough, he's next door to Land Cruiser Heaven, so a pre-purchase inspection should be super easy to arrange.

Also, LCH has super cheap 100 for sale, so you could spend the other half of your budget on repairs.

Luckily enough, he's next door to Land Cruiser Heaven, so a pre-purchase inspection should be super easy to arrange.

Also, LCH has super cheap 100 for sale, so you could spend the other half of your budget on repairs.

Go read LCH reviews in the bad seller section here on mud.

We’ve been considering selling our 100 for possibly a Rivian, Sienna or wait for the GX/LC. Not in a rush and might keep it.

1998, no ahc, factory rear locker. Spotless underneath. A few dents/dings/bumper knocks courtesy of the wife driving in DC parking garages. Bought from a fellow mudder in ATL in 2019 with 225k. Has 265k now.

Timing belt (~232k) and everything you should do with it done by OTRAMM. Rear main seal and high pressure o ring that requires dropping the transmission also done by OTRAMM in last 10k or so miles. All suspension gone through including new LCAs from Toyota.

Slee sliders, escape gear seat covers (minor rip in drivers leather seat bolster). Alpine wireless CarPlay head unit. New steering wheel. 33” falkens with good tread. Stock torsion bars re-indexed. New Dobinsons coils not yet installed
IMG_6284.jpeg
IMG_6283.jpeg
IMG_6462.jpeg
IMG_5736.jpeg
IMG_3182.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom