long term upholstery test (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

myquestoyota

SILVER Star
Threads
I am going to purchase either CCOT, SOR, or Cruiser Corps upholstery kits. I am looking for some input from users that have had theirs a while. Negatives/positives? Strong feelings either way? I've tried to contact Shane but he seems to have flown off the radar, hope all is well.:beer:

I'd say be paitent. I purchased and SOR kit but sold it and bought Shane's.

My brother bought the SOR kit almost 11 years ago. It got two years use on it before going into hibernation since then. No brittleness in the vinyl at all. Now granted, the past 9 years it has been sitting out of the sun in my basement but still...

I'm looking at getting a set for my seats as well- bump for more info....

Best!

Pete

I've had the SOR upholstery on my seats for about 4 years. The truck sits out in SoCal sun and the seats have held up pretty well. The passenger side has faded just a little bit.

You will have a better more durable job for equal or less cost to have an upholstery shop cover them in Sunbrella outdoor furniture material. I looked at several options as you are now and this was about the same cost but far superior work and far more durable wash-down material.

They even did my Visors, and door panels to match.

I just had my upholstery job put on the back burner. A guy here at work had a set of four 33 9.50's with less than 100 miles on them for sale. I got him down to $600 for all four, he paid almost a grand. Now to find a spare. Stock steelies here I come! Pics to follow.

I just had my upholstery job put on the back burner. A guy here at work had a set of four 33 9.50's with less than 100 miles on them for sale. I got him down to $600 for all four, he paid almost a grand. Now to find a spare. Stock steelies here I come! Pics to follow.

I got my last pair of 33x9.5s from Tire Rack for about $110 each.

Tire rack website lists the KO's at $167 each with a possible 4/21 availability date. Every other time I have looked for them they are on back order. Glad to know I can find a fifth tire for a spare. He got these at Le$ $chwab, cost $981 for four but that was mounted, etc...

MyQuest

I had my seats rebuilt and a carpet set made in 86 when I bought her. Plain black vinyl that I would put a cover over and got great utility. Seats finally started splitting on the seams and I did the same thing again for ~ $300 EA last year. Very pleased with appearance and comfort. I know this wasn't one of your original options but it has worked for me. Good luck.:cheers:
Seats.jpg

Those seats look great. My wife was quoted $400 to do the front buckets at the local upholstery shop.

https://forum.ih8mud.com/chit-chat-section/443398-how-reach-aatlas1x-2.html#post6557179

I have been dead for weeks, answering a few emails here and there, but very far behind. I have been sleeping 14-18 hours a day and cant wait till I'm over this s***!

Now seats.

SOR builds a great seat, each has a serial number and quality is there. BUT the welt is PVC plastic and not vinyl covered cord. This cracks over time and does match the vinyl in color. Other than that they are awesome.

I have seen everyone else covers, NONE compare to SOR's

With vinyl, there is standard, marine, auto and commercial. The price varies greatly!, I only use commercial, and marine in not the best at all. Vinyl it multi-layered with a cloth back. Cheaper brands stretch and that is not always a plus as the cloth backing that gives it strength is weak,.

Most people who build covers buy the cheapest vinyl they can buy, and there are many!

I don't care who you buy your covers from or why. Just ask questions as everyone's as new, nice, mint, perfect, professional and so on is all perspective. You get what you pay for, SOR is who I would buy from as I have seen them in person. Mine though, are dead on reproductions that take time to make, materials that are expensive, but are correct.

If you want exact OE reproduction, these are it https://forum.ih8mud.com/metric-tlc...tion-front-rear-seat-covers-just-like-oe.html

Of course, I have none in stock at this time and wont for several weeks...

Best,

Shane

Hey Shane,
Glad to have you back. A good ass kicking takes a while to heal from. As I said my upholstery took a back seat but I'm glad to hear from you. Definitely plan on going with yours if budget allows when I pull the pin. I appreciate your assessment of the competition, it helps a lot!
Get well soon!
Mike

myquestoyota said:
Hey Shane,
Glad to have you back. A good ass kicking takes a while to heal from. As I said my upholstery took a back seat but I'm glad to hear from you. Definitely plan on going with yours if budget allows when I pull the pin. I appreciate your assessment of the competition, it helps a lot!
Get well soon!
Mike

Ever have any luck getting your upholstery? I am really having a hard time finding anything as nice as Shanes.

Ever have any luck getting your upholstery? I am really having a hard time finding anything as nice as Shanes.

I have SOR's upholstery kit...in a box. Will be installing them next week. Workmanship and materials quality appear to be excellent.

I've recently seen the Cruiser Corps covers installed on a couple of 40's. They appeared to be a perfect fit and excellent quality as well.

Sea Knight said:
I have SOR's upholstery kit...in a box. Will be installing them next week. Workmanship and materials quality appear to be excellent.

I've recently seen the Cruiser Corps covers installed on a couple of 40's. They appeared to be a perfect fit and excellent quality as well.

I have heard the quality good as well,I just wish I could get them in the Coral color that Shane has produced.Any ideas?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom