Locked key in 94 FJ80 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Is it safe to slim jim it out?
Coat hanger?

I used to deliver pizza and always locked my keys out/

Can you work out the lock on a FJ80?

The PO of my rig destroyed the door seals on my truck trying to fish the door lock:bang:. I would rather pay a lock smith to get in before a coat hanger would be allowed near my doors. Slim Jim would be less damaging in the hands of someone that know what they are doing.
Take a few minute to check around the frame near the front and rear of the truck, inside of the bumpers etc, you may find one of the PO of your rig left a hide a key in place.
Good luck:cheers:

edit- you should be able to get a dealer to cut you a new key with documentation you own the vehicle, ie title and ID.

Do you have the common slider windows between the C and D pillars?

Once you resolve this problem, open up a sliding window, but don't close it to where it clicks. I did this on mine and I've gotten my little sister to climb in and unlock it for me. Don't know if you access to a 7 year old though. Haha

At the dealer just provide your title and id and they will cut you a new master key with your vin.
My local dealer charged me $12.

On your passenger door lock cylinder is a stamped number. Any locksmith can cut you a key with that number. You'll have to remove the lock cylinder to see that code.

Best and less hassle would be the dealer.
This is for the 80.

Try pushing the sliding window open. Mine will usually open with a good push.

My opinion of these threads? Delete them. Public forum public info. Dont need imho a guide avail to anyone to get into an 80. Pm is adequate once question is asked.

Just my thoughts.

I have sliders.

What next? Coat hanger and move the latch?

Not to tell how to break into these - but I would push on those sliding windows. Don't ask me how I know but if you stand on a rear tire you can reach the tailgate lock through one of those slider windows and the don't lock well.

This thread should be deleted so the info is not used as a how to. Nothing worse than coming out to your rig to find it empty of anything not nailed down. Worse if you gave the idea out to the web and that's how they entered your rig.

PM's would be your best option to get answers to this.

JM2C

a) This thread has already been indexed by Google, so deleting it is pretty much pointless
b) This thread is not the only place on the net where this information is documented. Just Google the topic and you'll find countless other sources for the same info.

No need to cause drama which has no beneficial end result. :)

I installed one of these, will help you down the road. WWW.hitchsafe.com. I keep a spare in there. Best of luck. Cheers.

A key card will probably be safer provided you keep your wallet with you all the time. It's better than a spare key because the spare key has a way of slipping out of your wallet, whereas the key card is on a plastic card and does not slip out all that easy.

A hefty slim jim can open the door but it's a job getting at the lock and needs some hefty push/pull effort. It's best done by a locksmith and there is a pretty good chance your window seals will be damaged where the slim jim enters. You could also end up bending the door lock wires getting the doors open. A lock smith who knows how to pick locks is probably your best bet if he is nearby or willing to make house calls cheap. You'll need to compare the cost of possible damage against his fees.

Kalawang

My opinion of these threads? Delete them. Public forum public info. Dont need imho a guide avail to anyone to get into an 80. Pm is adequate once question is asked.

Just my thoughts.

Paranoid much?

If someone wants to break into your car it doesn't take any internet search knowledge to break a window.

Well put Gum. Let's not forget that most people breaking into your rig will not find the keys sitting there to be able to drive off.

Smash and grab.

This thread should be deleted so the info is not used as a how to. Nothing worse than coming out to your rig to find it empty of anything not nailed down. Worse if you gave the idea out to the web and that's how they entered your rig.

PM's would be your best option to get answers to this.

JM2C

I offered the rear sliding window as a cautionary tale. I didn't look on the internet when I locked my keys in the truck. I found the method of ingress easily and by accident. It can be fixed and might be worth it if you are that worried. I didn't fix mine - so all reading, go for it. I would keep your head low though.

On any car I have owned I've taken a spare key and zip tied it to a spot on the chassis that isn't visible. I drive for a living and am pretty anal about making sure my keys are in my possession every time I get out though so I've never needed it, but it's there just in case.

I did the "Window press" My 80 is pretty fresh so the rear locks are perfect!

$40 and a trip to the dealer and I had the key code and a key and off I went with my new key (And my key code written down!)

Ima stick the spare key where the sun dont shine so Ill always have access to it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom