RTH - locked keys in cruiser, battery dead, no access to spare (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.coopxgear.com
keys are in the ignition, battery is dead, and doors are locked. it's a totally snafu situation. I don't have access to the spare key either. Someone PM me how to get into my 80 without breaking a window. I don't want to call a locksmith and wait hours for one to show up and pay a bunch of money for it.

80 glass is dirt cheap. Smashy smashy

Second on AAA. Won’t help right now if you don’t have it, but it is worth it. I dropped the third-party contract roadside assistance that my insurance carrier had because they sucked so bad and picked up AAA.

I was locked out of my house recently. AAA comes out to my driveway, unlocks the cruiser so I could open the garage door. Ten minutes. Free.

Personally I wouldn't break the glass, too much work to pull the door apart to replace it. When I was a kid a friend asked me to break the window of his cream-puff vehicle (he just couldn't bring himself to do it) so he could get into his vehicle, The repair turned out to be much more of an expensive mess than just calling the locksmith, something he regretted. FWIW.

I don't have AAA, I did for years on multiple vehicles, and never used it when i went to use it on one of the other vehicles I carried it on they were unable to do anything about the issue and resulting damage etc, so i was kind of irritated about the whole thing so i dropped it. The Mrs, retained it on her ride, and she has the spare or thinks she does. i hope she does because she's the one who's supposed to be carrying it.

EDIT: I have not been able to figure out how to pop the latches on the rear sliders or how to access them. PM me with instructions if you know how

I've gotten in with a wood wedge to pry the door and a coat hangar through the resulting gap in the door. Takes a little patience, but doable.
TBH that’s how AAA did it. But the guy had special tools and had some experience.

Yeah prefer we don’t post how we can get into our vehicles without keys on a public forum.

Maybe PM OP vs telling the world how to break into every 80 series without popping the glass.

Yeah prefer we don’t post how we can get into our vehicles without keys on a public forum.

Maybe PM OP vs telling the world how to break into every 80 series without popping the glass.
Really! For sure! All the tweakers lurking here in mud plotting to steal our babies just really p*ss me off!

Well, the picky tweakers maybe, who would hesitate to smash a window. Is there such a thing as a picky tweaker?

Mark...

Simple Google search is all...

Let’s not forget the power of search. No lurking tweakers needed.

Either way it’s a dumb thing to discuss publicly….

Simple Google search is all...

Let’s not forget the power of search. No lurking tweakers needed.

Either way it’s a dumb thing to discuss publicly….
You're serious? Okay, sure.

Mark...

dont need sarcastic responses, already searched. asked for PM's. I'm in now. the spare arrived.

Really do you need to be spoon fed to 😂

I was sleeping in the back of an 80 at 9,000 feet in October years ago. I got drunk and locked myself out in my undies at 3am. In my pre hypothermic panic I smacked the plastic latch in the rear slider too hard trying to slip it open and it shattered the rear sliding window..... I was just happy ro get back into my sleeping bag 🤣

I was sleeping in the back of an 80 at 9,000 feet in October years ago. I got drunk and locked myself out in my undies at 3am. In my pre hypothermic panic I smacked the plastic latch in the rear slider too hard trying to slip it open and it shattered the rear sliding window..... I was just happy ro get back into my sleeping bag 🤣
Yep, you took care of it like a man. 😉

For future searchers, pry the top rear corner of driver( or passenger) front door out, gently, use something to wedge in the gap, and slowly pry, wedge, pry, wedge intil you have enough gap to get a coat hanger wire through.
With some luck and fancy finger work, you can hook onto the latch and pull to release.

Any self respecting criminal or junky already knows this is a far slower option than breaking glass

I've done this several times on my own cars, neighbours cars, random lady at the shopping mall's car etc

If the window frame gets tweaked, put your knee on the top of the door (bottom of window) and gently pull the window frame back in. Body shop guys do the same to adjust door gaps

keys are in the ignition, battery is dead, and doors are locked. it's a totally snafu situation. I don't have access to the spare key either. Someone PM me how to get into my 80 without breaking a window. I don't want to call a locksmith and wait hours for one to show up and pay a bunch of money for it.
80 glass is dirt cheap. Smashy smashy

All the passe' - nonsense boogie-man hocus-pocus Fred-Flintstone-Era tech. above is so uncivilized........:rolleyes:

there is that niche OEM-purist krusader--dude who reproduces our beloved original key , i would have reached out to him before making the silly-suggestions here if it were me ?

- i was told by another member , that a fellow member was truly stuck and down on their
TEq-luck , he overnighted USPS EMS Giddy-UP Pony-Express style'd them a real TOYOTA factory code cut working key , at no cost on a case by case basis .....

something about being a Boy Scout or good deed daily ....?

not sure ....:smokin:
1706255073181.png

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom