69005-6A260 late key/cylinder set in early FJ80? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

USMCDocJ

SILVER Star
Threads
The original key/cylinder/locksets for '91-'92 FJ80s are NLA as far as I can see.

Does anyone know if the complete key/cylinder/lockset, Toyota p/n 69005-6A260, for later FZJ80s can be used in the early ('91-'92) FJ80s? After my recent break-in and theft attempt, my door locks and ignition cylinder are destroyed. I did get an aftermarket cylinder (gross) to get me by until I figure this out. But I am relying on my self installed keyless entry to have access to my rig. A little nervous as previously there have been times that it just doesn't work and I needed to use a door key.

I live in Mexico and Toyota service here is hit and miss. 80 service here is non-existent.

Thanks in advance for any good info.

The original key/cylinder/locksets for '91-'92 FJ80s are NLA as far as I can see.

Does anyone know if the complete key/cylinder/lockset, Toyota p/n 69005-6A260, for later FZJ80s can be used in the early ('91-'92) FJ80s? After my recent break-in and theft attempt, my door locks and ignition cylinder are destroyed. I did get an aftermarket cylinder (gross) to get me by until I figure this out. But I am relying on my self installed keyless entry to have access to my rig. A little nervous as previously there have been times that it just doesn't work and I needed to use a door key.

I live in Mexico and Toyota service here is hit and miss. 80 service here is non-existent.

Thanks in advance for any good info.
Doc J, I don't see why a lock cylinder would be any different physically. Now, as far as how they are Keyed would be different. You can have a key cut off of your VIN that works perfectly in your lock because the year and key series cut are coded into the VIN. So, I would say that you would be fine using a a later lock set, you just wouldn't have the same years of key cut. That doesn't really matter unless a locksmith or a dealership tries to make a key off your VIN.

Aside from that, I'm sure you could find an 80 being parted out that has the locks and ignition that would be happy to part with the set since it is such an overlooked part set that doesn't commonly sell.

Doc J, I don't see why a lock cylinder would be any different physically. Now, as far as how they are Keyed would be different. You can have a key cut off of your VIN that works perfectly in your lock because the year and key series cut are coded into the VIN. So, I would say that you would be fine using a a later lock set, you just wouldn't have the same years of key cut. That doesn't really matter unless a locksmith or a dealership tries to make a key off your VIN.

Aside from that, I'm sure you could find an 80 being parted out that has the locks and ignition that would be happy to part with the set since it is such an overlooked part set that doesn't commonly sell.
Right on. Yeah the keys are completely different as you said. I'm curious if the ignition cylinder from a later 80 works in an early 80. As far as something parted out, I'm in Mexico. I've seen 2 other 80s here and one had TX plates so not likely to find. I appreciate the thoughts.

Right on. Yeah the keys are completely different as you said. I'm curious if the ignition cylinder from a later 80 works in an early 80. As far as something parted out, I'm in Mexico. I've seen 2 other 80s here and one had TX plates so not likely to find. I appreciate the thoughts.
Check the classifieds for part outs. You can also check craigslist California....they always have a slough of Cruisers being parted out by yards...Rancho Cordova comes to mind and they ship. Just have to check to see if they have any sets with keys.

If you do a Google search there are sets available new.
EBAY one listed seller I recently used and is reputable
AMAYAMA
PARTSOUQ

All reputable....amayama is the cheapest around $300+ shipping.

You can also contact
Dave Stedman at Japan 4x4...I've bought a whole lot of parts from Japan 4x4 and they ship internationally from Japan.
stedman@japan4x4.com

Check the classifieds for part outs. You can also check craigslist California....they always have a slough of Cruisers being parted out by yards...Rancho Cordova comes to mind and they ship. Just have to check to see if they have any sets with keys.

If you do a Google search there are sets available new.
EBAY one listed seller I recently used and is reputable
AMAYAMA
PARTSOUQ

All reputable....amayama is the cheapest around $300+ shipping.

You can also contact
Dave Stedman at Japan 4x4...I've bought a whole lot of parts from Japan 4x4 and they ship internationally from Japan.
stedman@japan4x4.com
Looks like they all have the p/n listed 8n my title but not the original set for my '91. Amayama says that the new set SHOULD fit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom