Locked 94 FJ80 PA $2600 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

SOLD SOLD SOLD CONSIDER THIS TRUCK SOLD BECAUSE THE AXLES FROM IT HAVE BEEN SOLD. I am going to put a blurb for it on the parts for sale and parting out sections.

Selling a locked 94 FJ80 here in northeastern PA. I bought this from a friend who bought it last year with the intention of fixing its ails but never got around to it. I bought it from him (he's moving) andI am looking to either part it out (will list the big parts on MUD) or will sell it intact for $2200 (price lowered from $2600 because the ARB Bumper has been sold). Clean PA title, owners manual and all that stuff are there along with lots of receipts. original window sticker included- $44K! They tell me this was the year in the 80 series for the best transmission- I am not an 80 guy so can't verify that. I washed it but it still needs some TLC.

Green truck with gray leather interior. Aluminum wheels with Goodyear tires. Starts and drives well. Driver seat leather has some splits. This thing has the rear leather seats, too. It has appx 200K miles on it, and is loaded with power mirrors, windows, door locks, and sunroof. Looks to me like none of the windows or sunroof leak. All glass looks good. Factory stereo. Of course has AC and locking diffs. No roofrack. Starts fine and drives well but has some issues, hence the low price.

Does not have the ARB bumper shown in the pics, bumper has been sold and price reduced to $2200. The lights all work, power mirrors work, some of the windows work well others don't. Wipers work on all switch positions. Stereo plays, all lights work. Horn works. Didn't try the sunroof. Transmission seems to work fine- no slipping, no noises. Transfer works fine. Lockers lock and unlock as they should. Rear bumper is decent.

The issues that I know if- antenna is broken, does go up and down but the mast is broken. Rear brake lines rusted through resulting in a very low and weak brake pedal. Exhaust is noisy- the PO spent $1200 at Meineke for the exhaust and it needs help right now. Upper tailgate is rusted badly, I didn't see much rust on the rest of the body, though. Has a coolant leak somewhere- Ididn't look closely for it and don't intend to. Looks like the pass side of the rear bumper and the flare at that corner are loose. That's all I know of.

There was a bill in the stack for almost $2k for front axle repair and replacement- looks like the birfs were replaced about 167K. I didn't see any oil leaks underneath the truck. For $2200 I believe someone will get a good deal. I am pricing the e-locker axles axles complete at $1650 and the bumper at $400 (sold yesterday) so take it from there. I will sell the axles if I get a buyer and then part the rest of the truck if it doesn't sell intact first. The condition of the brakes preclude driving this truck home- it will need to be towed. Best way to reach me is email shmukter@pa.metrocast.net or call 570-668-2489 before 8PM. Gary S
80 Front driver quarter.jpg
80 pass rear quarter.jpg
80 Front (2).jpg

Last edited:
Great price for an 80 with lockers assuming that they work.
200,000 miles in PA..??!!!! .... must have some serious rust termites in it somewhere.
Any chance of pics of the underside?? Pics of the lockers would help you sell the 80 as a whole or sell the lockers themselves.
Thanks.

FJ80

Well, the ARB bumper has been sold to a local friend who needs it after hitting a deer with his 80. Price reduced accordingly on this 80 to $2200. Does it have some rust? I saw some in the passenger inner fender well but for $2200 don't figure to do any underbody pictures. Frankly except for the liftgate (rusted through in more than one location!!!) I saw no body rust anywhere else, the pictures show that. It is what it is- a good running 80 that needs some work. Could go back on the road with a little money and TLC or be parted and turn into more than a $2200 return. I'd believe the parts from this thing would generate some interest on MUD as long as they are priced reasonably. We'll see what happens.

It sure doesn't take 200K to get rust on a vintage land cruiser in PA. My 60 (137K) and 55 (131K) can attest to that; both have a considerable amount of non-fatal rust issues. Then there is my 70, from Ontario- has 284K kilometers on the clock and is rust free underneath. The PO coated the frame and underside (and underhood, too) religiously with that oil/tar solution I've seen on other Canadian vehicles and while it's a PITA to work on with this coating, it apparently stops rust.

The lockers worked for the PO and they worked for me when I took delivery of the 80. They locked when asked to and unlocked when switched off. Would pictures help? I don't know why.

Take this 80 for what it is and if nobody expects a perfect locked 80 for $2200 we'll be OK.

Last edited:
Nice Ride!

I'm going to ask around here in south Jersey if anyone I know wants a nice 80 with lockers. How many hours from Philly?

Marc

Gary, wanna sell just the front elocker diff, I could use it in the 4 Runner :D

Front diff

JT- no desire to sell just a diff although I've had no serious inquiries for the pair of axles yet. I believe the land cruiser thirds are different than a 4Runner, though- be sure whatever you buy fits your truck. Gary

no problem, if I could figure out a decent and relatively cheap way to runt eh front axle in my 4 Runner I'd probably buy the entire front axle. the front diff is the same as the 8" Mini Truck stuff, just a slightly different bolt pattern, but easily fixed with a welder and tap. The rear is a direct replacement for FJ40-FJ62 axles so an easy way to get the selectable locker for the older landcruisers since it is a 9.5 diff.

See you at CMCC, we are coming up friday after work.

Back to the regularly scheduled thread :D

I saw and rode in this 80 yesterday, it is in the condition (maybe a little better) that Gary has posted.
It does need a little TLC but is WELL worth the asking price.

Bump for a nice, running, locked FZJ 80.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom