SOLD Northeastern PA: 1995 California FJ80 Triple-locked (with Carfax!) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 80 Series
Mileage
Color
Green
Outside Link
https://photos.app.goo.gl/fGBTKeP1pCS7DnSAA
PXL_20200910_223818136.jpg

Looking for $15,000 and can help with shipping anywhere.

This FJ80 lived entirely in California until I bought it in Feb 2020 from a Northern California member who bought it from another member before that. Since then, it was a daily driver for about six months until I bought a RAM 3500. For the last two years, it has mostly sat in a heated, humidity-controlled garage looking sad. It's time for this FJ80 to see some trails and more adventure than I am giving it.

I bought it with 255k on the clock and it now has 262k on it. I'm ashamed that I haven't put more miles on there! It has been a excellent vehicle for us, getting most of its work in transporting kayaks or the dog to the trail.

Any time something wasn't quite right, we took care of it. Due to its time in CA, it has only hints of rust underneath.

Previous owner installed the lift, shocks, ARB bumper and winch. They also did a rebuild of the top end. Since then, I bought all the service / tuneup kits from Wits' End, specifically:
80 Series 1FZ Complete Tuneup Kit- Naturally Aspirated Engines
80 Series 1FZ Fuel Injection Service Kit
80 Series 1FZ Oil Pump Leak Kit
80 Series 1FZ Valve Cover Leak Kit
80 Series 1FZ Complete Belt Kit

There were a few drips coming off her, so that seemed prudent. She no longer drips.

Sitting on new American Racing AR1726883B - American Racing AR172 Black Baja Wheels with Patagonia Milestars. Back seats are in good shape. Front ones, well, not so much, but the covers work great.

Work I've done
- new Optima red and yellow batteries
- new sunroof (replacement) (video of it in operation in Google Photos album linked below)
- repaired the plastic gears on driver side power seat mechanism
- new driver seat belt from Safety Restore
- Pioneer AVH-W4400NEX 7" Wireless CarPlay & Android Auto DVD Receiver with remote
- 2x Pioneer TS-G1643R 6.5-Inch 2-Way Speakers installed in front doors
- Green dimmable LEDs in the dash gauges
- USB3 port on the dash (connected to Pioneer)
- Oil changes with Mobil 1 M1-301A Extended Performance Oil Filter and Mobil 1 oil
- replacement, working visors!
- replacement EGR
- new plugs

Comes with
- third row seats in good condition
- PIAA driving lights
- a bunch of random pieces (handles, speaker covers, etc)
- original 16" wheels with some plastidip or something all over them (For Sale - NEPA: FJ80 OEM chrome wheels and 3 center caps (plastidipped) - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/nepa-fj80-oem-chrome-wheels-and-3-center-caps-plastidipped.1265322)
- new front brake discs which didn't need replacing when we did the rears
- 2x Pioneer 4" Speakers - 4-Inch, 150 Watt, Dual Cone 2-Way Speakers, Set of 2, Model: TS-F1034R (not installed, for rear doors)
- stubby antenna - the power motor works, but the mast doesn't move

what would i do if i were keeping it?

- I keep forgetting to mention there's a dent in the muffler, so I'm waiting for Magnaflow to start making the exhaust again (BRExhaust Direct-Fit Replacement Exhaust System 106-0165 - https://www.magnaflow.com/products/106-0165-brexhaust-direct-fit-replacement-exhaust-system-106-0165). It's out of stock everywhere otherwise I would have already done this.
- fix the emergency brake which doesn't work (waiting on brake shoes, but I have the other parts and will be rebuilding it)
- new front tires. honestly, i would put BFG ATs or MTs on it since these Patagonias are better setup for rocks and not mud / snow. But the front two need replacing before any serious offroading. DONE
- fix the trailer wiring. someone clipped the wires. i don't tow, so it doesn't affect me
- replace the leather transfer case shift cover that my puppy chewed up (ironically, a new one arrived and he ate that one too. waiting on #3)
- I need to fix one of the dash LEDs which I noticed this morning while taking photos. it's loose in there. DONE
- and I have been considering getting it painted, but I really like the way this paint looks.

I am not a professional photographer, so the very honest images can be seen here: fj80 - https://photos.app.goo.gl/fGBTKeP1pCS7DnSAA

PXL_20230508_180609193.jpg

PXL_20230508_180602085.jpg

Attachments

• CARFAX Vehicle History Report for this 1995 TOYOTA LAND CRUISER BASE_ JT3DJ81WXS0097392.pdf
    653.9 KB · Views: 81
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom