LOCAL Resources for Service, Parts, Tools, Supplies, Services Etc. (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I’ve had to use them to reset fire shutters they are easy to work with.

The springs aren't that hard to deal with - two 1/4" diameter bars is typically all you need.

Anyone have any experience with garage door installation lately? My wife jumped the gun on exiting the garage and the roof of her Sienna clipped door. I'd consider doing it myself but the door has one of those big torsion springs on it so not sure I want to mess with it.

View attachment 1896091
What PAtoyota and Bob said... Replace the bottom without messing with the spring, or replace the door and follow the video.

Anyone have any experience with garage door installation lately? My wife jumped the gun on exiting the garage and the roof of her Sienna clipped door. I'd consider doing it myself but the door has one of those big torsion springs on it so not sure I want to mess with it.

View attachment 1896091

That door looks older than what you might be able to get a replacement part for...

I'd highly recommend this garage door guy: Pro Lift Garage Door 703-898-3258 he is SOLID, honest and reliable....

I thought I had a problem that required a new door, I just needed a simple adjustment. He could have sold me a door but just sold me what I needed to get it fixed. Great guy.

I've installed more than a few garage doors - most were pretty straight forward but time consuming and worked perfectly but the last one that I did I bought from Lowes came with two left springs and directions for another door. Was a total pain in the ass and wasted a huge amount of time not only to fix but I had to drive from NC to VA to fix it when I was trying to sell my house. I doubt that I do another DIY after that debacle. Regular windows and doors all day long but that was a pain.

If you do go DIY get a Wayne Dalton - super good directions and really easy to install. They also have a battery backup powered lift motor that does not take up any overhead space. I'd highly recommend that brand of door.

I ended up calling a local installer in Lorton. Quoted me $1800 all in for an R19 Amarr door, reuse the Craftsman opener I put in a couple years ago. OHD was almost $4k for an R13 door. I have to wait a couple weeks to get it in though.

I just got my 80 back from Windshield City. I can't believe the difference between an old 140k mile sand blasted windshield and this new OEM unit. Mike the owner seems to have done a good job. He found a little surface rust on the lower middle frame so he taped, scuffed and primed the whole frame and let it sit overnight to dry before installing. Cost was reasonable but I pulled all the interior trim pieces off myself before dropping it off. I'll have to wait for a good soaking rain before giving 9 thumb up but so far it looks good. It's an independent shop and Mike's been doing glass for a long time. I think I'm going to take it back and have him redo the the rear sliding window's w/s and tracks. It'd be nice if those were useable again.

I just got my 80 back from Windshield City. I can't believe the difference between an old 140k mile sand blasted windshield and this new OEM unit. Mike the owner seems to have done a good job. He found a little surface rust on the lower middle frame so he taped, scuffed and primed the whole frame and let it sit overnight to dry before installing. Cost was reasonable but I pulled all the interior trim pieces off myself before dropping it off. I'll have to wait for a good soaking rain before giving 9 thumb up but so far it looks good. It's an independent shop and Mike's been doing glass for a long time. I think I'm going to take it back and have him redo the the rear sliding window's w/s and tracks. It'd be nice if those were useable again.
Can he cut 40 windshield glass?

Anyone have a source for galvanized steel poles? 4 inch by 14-16 ft.

What are you building with 4”galvanized poles

Someone was selling light poles in the materials section of CL. They appeared to be about 4" square so those may work for you.

That's the same guy on CL. $10/ft is more than I budgeted. I might just use 12ft treated 4x4s that I have and brace them. There's a guy up near b-more selling 4 poles for $200 but it's a little far away.

I would use 4” conduit. Just run the cable over the post down to a ground anchor.

Or find an old tarp style carport and put the net over it.

Last edited:
Cachilla Muffler Custom Exhaust
5408 Randolph Rd, Rockville, MD 20852
(202) 638-9250

Good price for the quality of work/stainless/attention to detail on routing. Close to the city, had Saturday hours, and easy to work with. Was pleasantly surprised/relieved with my choice when I saw the good company. Seems to be a one man operation. I have some 30% off coupons if anyone is interested.

On the 62 the routing goes under the frame rail so that isn’t an oversight. Since I was only doing the cats back (I had previously replaced the cats and installed a down pipe from an Arizona truck it wasn’t worth re-routing. This isn’t going to a hardcore wheeler.

Brought in a Walker Stainless Steel Quiet Flow muffler (Walker 21424) which after going through their options was the closest in measurements to the OEM muffler. Sounds great and is quiet.

2CD88B92-A8EE-46CF-92BB-577020EE1D33.jpeg

E1F82C04-D878-4E6A-AA34-B49454478508.jpeg
06D1462E-E37F-4ADD-87CF-EB6BF7539699.jpeg
48A2C3D6-E3C3-4A50-ACC5-66F849CE96D9.jpeg

7ABFE22D-0A6C-47F5-B9A7-35516A8BAEE9.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom