LJ78 2LTE - Turbocharger Upgrade

I do have castor correction bushing in my stock LJ78 arms right now. I don't like them because they are offset and stiff, so resist axle flex compared to normal bushings. If you look at the pictures in this thread, the 80 radius arm has more caster correction, but the problem is it's 12mm too short and doesn't clear the LJ78 steering components properly. It's not a good option. I think the best options are caster correction plates or a custom radius arm.
I have a 4" lift and using castor correction bushes. I don't have any problems.

Where would you fit castor correction plates? You mean these I take it, Caster Plate Kit to suit Landcruiser 105 Series

See these, Superior Hyperflex Radius Arms Suitable For Toyota Landcruiser 76/78/79 Series Pre 07-2016 | Superior Engineering

Last edited:

GTSSportCoupe

2LTE abuser

I have a 4" lift and using castor correction bushes. I don't have any problems.

Where would you fit castor correction plates? You mean these I take it, Caster Plate Kit to suit Landcruiser 105 Series

See these, Superior Hyperflex Radius Arms Suitable For Toyota Landcruiser 76/78/79 Series Pre 07-2016 | Superior Engineering
Hi gotoy, we actually moved this discussion to it's own thread a while back: Custom Radius Arms for the light duty 70 series?

Do you have any pictures of your KZJ71 (15BT) at full front flex?

Yes, those caster plates are the right idea. They make them for 80 series too.

The custom radius arms you linked to are for the heavy duty 70 land cruiser, but yes, that is the right idea. Here are some cheaper/simpler ones I was looking at for the light duty 70 cruiser: Pair Front radius arms Toyota KZJ/LJ 70

How are you enjoying your 15BT? I love the idea of swapping one of those motors into my LJ78 someday. Your build is one of my favorites on mud.

Top Bottom