Link or specs for Exhaust Flanges? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

CharlieS

GOLD Star
Threads
I'm replacing my '94 exhaust with a '95-97 style from the manifolds back, but only one cat (and that is attached to the downpipe).

I have the parts in hand except I need to weld up a spacer to replace the second cat. To make a spacer I need to grab some tubing (2-1/4"?) and two flanges.

Anyone know the specs for the flanges so I can either order them online or buy them local? Links would be great, but knowing the specs would allow me to search.

have used the Fortluft flanges on several projects and they're hard to beat for the price. They have sizes to fit all the various flange sizes on the LC exhaust: https://amzn.to/45U8FK0

I have the parts in hand except I need to weld up a spacer to replace the second cat.
With a single cat you can go over the frame to the muffler. This clears out the entire passenger side with nothing under the frame.

1694867299969.png

With a single cat you can go over the frame to the muffler. This clears out the entire passenger side with nothing under the frame.

View attachment 3431081
I will be addressing this issue in coming months as I build my first OBD2 80 series. I’ve read about aftermarket cats and down pipes but this photo appears to show a single oem cat. Am I correct? Could I simply reduce to a single oem cat, assuming it’s still a good unit, and enjoy the same results?

That O2 sensor is quite a distance aft of the cat…..

Last edited:
I will be addressing this issue in coming months as I build my first OBD2 80 series. I’ve read about aftermarket cats and down pipes but this photo appears to show a single oem cat. Am I correct? Could I simply reduce to a single oem cat, assuming it’s still a good unit, and enjoy the same results?

That O2 sense or is quite a distance att of the cat…..
That is the Magnaflow downpipe/cat. I went to a local hot rod shop with the Magnaflow and a box of parts from Bosal. They cut apart what was needed, welded up all the O2 bungs, etc. The Bosal muffler had a slightly smaller diameter than OEM so that too was tucked up higher.
No issues at all, other than it's starting to rust out. But it's been about 5 or 6 years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom