Lights dimming & low idle voltage troubleshooting (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Howdy folks!

I recently acquired a beautiful '01 LX470 and I upgraded some of the stock electrical with a 370 Amp Alternator from DC Power Engineering, as well as replacing doing the big 3 (battery to ALT, ALT to ground, battery to ground) with thick 0/2 gauge wire. I added an AGM battery (and a second one later on) but I've always noticed that my lights dim when I'm stopped at a light. I added a voltmeter and noticed that my voltage would drop below 12V in drive when stopped at a light. I bought a diode from Amazon as a quick fix, but it's not perfect. I'm wondering how I can troubleshoot what my power issue is. Even with all of my power hungry components turned off, I get mediocre voltage (and dimming lights) at traffic stops. Please help :frown:

370 Amp? Is that a typo?

Got an aircraft carrier you're trying to power when the nuclear power fails, or what?

I see a 270A version for an 01 LC. Post the link to the 370A flavor?

Time for an RMA!

I'll get it tested before I send it out. It's a brand new alt though. I was wondering if maybe there's a fuse or voltage regulator issue

I'll get it tested before I send it out. It's a brand new alt though. I was wondering if maybe there's a fuse or voltage regulator issue

I would hope a $900.00 alternator would have a voltage regulator that worked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom