Libyan Cruisers (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Why choose 70 series as rocket launcher? Not Hilux or whatever?
Only 70 series can handle the job? I doubt so.:confused:

I can actually give you some inside information - reason there is so many TLC 79 and I believe the 72/73 (two door with the softtop) being used by the rebel forces, is because they were "free", and by free I mean stolen.

The government had just taken delivery of a huge amount of them from the ME imported and they were in the process of issuing out to the different government sectors when the rebel force came in and stole them.

The dealers (before it was a big no no to ship armored or soft skins to libyia) were told to shop inbound shipments as they could not garranty they would not be highjacked and stolen also. Right now there is a GCC Toyota dealer with a number of 70 series that have already been paid for and they are unable to resell or refund the funds so they are just sitting there.

...some more pics...
20110308_LIBYA-slide-ZHEO-jumbo.jpg
20110325_LIBYA-slide-YLT5-jumbo.jpg
20110402-LIBYA-slide-NXAQ-jumbo.jpg

politics aside, jeeze, those are some awesome pics. so pardon my ignorance, are these your own pics? or from some site? i'm no photographer, but i can see that the landcruisers are also the subject of the picture and not just the war...:meh:

i bet none of these guys are cruising on mud figuring out what rims to buy or what lift to get...over there, that rig is ready to do work with just gun mounts.

eitherway, i hope Libya get's sorted out soon and mabye those cruiser could be used to haul humanitarian supplies or goats instead.

politics aside, jeeze, those are some awesome pics. so pardon my ignorance, are these your own pics? or from some site? i'm no photographer, but i can see that the landcruisers are also the subject of the picture and not just the war....

Most of these pics have appeared in the NY Times on a daily basis as part of their coverage of the war.

GCC= Gulf Cooperation Council

Toyota must love the months of free advertising they are getting for the Land Cruiser model through the Libyan war. Classic viral capitalism at work here.

Every NGO in the world is going to continue buying more 7x series rigs for years to come because of the exposure the 7x has gotten in North Africa.

As will govt agencies in the "developing" world for years to come.

Yoshiwara will continue its 2 long shifts 6 days a week.

A similar thing happen locally to me.

A 60 series handbrake failure and it rolled into a tree branch. Whilst old mate was driving it home the roof tore off in the same fashion. Those roof skins really are only held on by rust ;)

attachment.php

A similar thing happen locally to me.

A 60 series handbrake failure and it rolled into a tree branch. Whilst old mate was driving it home the roof tore off in the same fashion. Those roof skins really are only held on by rust ;)

attachment.php

Bad beans for lunch ??

lol, the story that 60 must have! and yes, it was my ignorance, lol, i see that you're from montreal....a journalist from montreal i thought maybe...:)

keep em coming! my fave's the fj/bj/hj 45 with the rocket launcher!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom