Libyan Cruisers (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
These are the pics of the Land Cruisers that appear in the news from Libyan war .Feel free to post them if you find some good ones. It testifies toughness of the vehicle .
800xi.jpg
800xog.jpg
978x.jpg

Toyota Wars 2 . Thanks for posting. Very Funny, ....... and sad at the same time.

sign of the time yet another war in africa continent big fought out of the back of pickups mainly toyota the unofficial rebel convoy battle truck comes in all forms, troopy carrier , gun platform, rocket launcher would be funny if it was not so serious

They're hard pictures to even comment on, but I do enjoy browsing through them... They really show the versatility and reliability these truck have... Imagine a new chev, ford or dodge with a rocket launcher on the back it would just look so out of place....

Here is an interesting read a friend of mine sent me a while back... Looks like toyota is losing some of the market to chinese knock off's... I wonder how reliable they are... Maybe in 15 years we will find out first hand lol (as if there is that much oil left)

Is Toyota Losing the Market for “Technicals” to China? | The Truth About Cars

Hi All:

Well, it goes without saying that one would think that there is still a huge market in the world for simple, reliable, capable 4wd vehicles.

Toyota 4wds from around 1985 would be an excellent starting point for a Chinese, Indian, etc. company to use as design fodder.

A '85 HiLux copy with a reliable I-4 diesel or petrol engine would do well.

A good copy of the early 70/75 Series Land Cruiser with reliable I-6 diesel and petrol engines would fill the void that the current overly expensive and complex 78 and 79 Series presents.

Interestedly enough, it sounds like Land Rover may discontinue the Defender Series (the only true truck they still build) in the next few years.

Regards,

Alan

Interestedly enough, it sounds like Land Rover may discontinue the Defender Series (the only true truck they still build) in the next few years.

Regards,

Alan[/QUOTE]

Then the sour face landrover drivers might jump ship and give the landcruiser drivers a bad rep

Is still very cheap to buy a landcruiser 79 pick up at ME. US 30K++ , brand new and there you go. Compare the price of Australia and South Africa. Enormous amount!:hmm:

Looks like they need there 79s to have fold down windows still

Why choose 70 series as rocket launcher? Not Hilux or whatever?
Only 70 series can handle the job? I doubt so.:confused:

...they butcher these trucks left and right , I can bet you it is not their property , probably ex governments or oil companies property ....
ss-110406-libya-01.ss_full.jpg
ss-110304-libya-04.ss_full.jpg
libya_014.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom