Let’s see your white 100 series! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I pulled the trim on one side and then did what you describe on the other ( minus the clear coat—none on the truck so why put it on the trim, I reasoned). Method 2 was easier. Method 1 allowed me to get all the crap out from behind/around the trim.... not sure which I’d choose if I had to do it again, honestly...
Were you able to get the trim off without breaking on the side that you removed?

Were you able to get the trim off without breaking on the side that you removed?

yup, no trim breakage at all—a couple clips broke but weren’t even bad enough as to be non-reusable, but I replaced them because I had spares. The biggest pain was removing and replacing the skinny two sided tape. There’s a whole thread in this somewhere—Here! Repainted the Side Trim

Here’s a post I did to this thread on the topic

How did you paint the side trim pieces? Is the consensus of this 9pg thread that you can either plastidip, rattlecan, or vinyl decal the side trim pieces? Can anyone provide a succinct advantage/disadvantage and process for each method? I just want to paint white to match the color of the cruiser and don't need any accent in the middle portion of the trim. Cheap is best, easy is best. I'm pretty good with a can.
$1000 cash to the best local paint shop. He did the skinny body metal piece under the grill as well. Side trim was painted on vehicle, I pulled bumpers and reinstalled at his shop my labor.

@Caretaker Did you get the decal kit from a specific source or have it made custom? Thinking of doing the same to my LC but also adding to the center of the hood (matte so will loose some reflection).

I ordered the 3 different sheets of vinyl and cut them out myself. Wasn’t that bad! First time ever messing with the stuff

IMG_7004.jpg

Hey Caretaker,
That looks sweet. Nice homage to Ivan Stewart's racing toyota's. Can you post a few more pics from the side with some rear angle?

TIA

Have you determined which paint/color/method to use for it? It seems like masking off the sides of the truck around the trim and slipping some painters paper behind the trim then just doing 3-4 nice thin coats and a clear coat would look very nice and probably only be about 20$ worth of rattle. Thoughts?
I was planning on masking/taping off the trim. I don’t have much interest in removing the trim. I bought a small can of duplicolor 056 natural white, and figured a few coats of that and no clear, would be fine for my purposes. It should be noted that I’m not overly concerned with aesthetics.

I was planning on masking/taping off the trim. I don’t have much interest in removing the trim. I bought a small can of duplicolor 056 natural white, and figured a few coats of that and no clear, would be fine for my purposes. It should be noted that I’m not overly concerned with aesthetics.
I'm doing the same thing over the weekend! duplicolor natural white and some fine and super fine sandpaper + air then thin coats over the whole trim piece

Any one with bronze rims?? I keep seeing the tundra two tone rims painted bronze, but always on the dark cruisers. Would love to see them on white.

looks super clean, always love the ARB front bumpers on these. Details on your grill? I've been meaning to go that route.
Thank You. It's stock 99 grill where i used my dremel to cut out 3 rows horizontal pieces so to make the grill have wider opening.
ordered the 'Toyota' from amazon.
sanded off the chrome and painted it truck bed liner black. Took me 3 hours DIY

betty7120.jpeg

Still all factory paint with flares. It is starting to show some good signs of wear all the way around.
Completely indecisive if I want to ditch the flares or keep them and paint flares, trim and bumpers a couple shades darker and powder coat the wheels a dark gray. I feel like I will at least have to get some spacers if I keep the flares.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom