Builds Let's build a 79 Series from parts... (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

image.jpeg

I was able to get the dimensions from @Gun Runner 5 and it appears both narrow and wide nose 70’s have the same amount of foot/pedal space. (Transmission tunnel is the same/similar). Thx!

Good deal...You'll have to get creative with the mount for the dead pedal...not that big of a deal. We're going to do something this week for the Troopy since I have an extra dead pedal.

I wonder why Toyota would chose to use two different clutch assemblies. The one in the top photo seems a lot more user friendly.View attachment 2301392
The clutch pedal seems really strange in the lower pic...first thing that stood out when the pic got posted.

I don't seem to remember my Troopy or the 73 having the clutch pedal that far over.

The clutch pedal seems really strange in the lower pic...first thing that stood out when the pic got posted.

I don't seem to remember my Troopy or the 73 having the clutch pedal that far over.
For a vehicle that's known for limited leg space, that straight clutch assembly would only add to the misery.

I wonder why Toyota would chose to use two different clutch assemblies. The one in the top photo seems a lot more user friendly.

Hello,

The top assembly started in 1999. The clutch pedal is a little bit farther from the pillar to make room for the foot rest.

The floor is different in post 1999 models, with two anchoring points for the foot rest. The pillar appears to be a little more recessed for extra room.

Interestingly, the foot rest fits in the space available in pre-1999 models.

Juan

Been plugging away at the exhaust.....long process. Need to finish up a few of the mount welds and we'll be ready to have it thermal coated. We used OEM square mounts for this truck....requires a bit more work to use them vs. a regular hanging style donut mount but it keeps it OEM and I prefer having the exhaust sitting on it's rubber mounts vs. hanging from them.
20200513_181354.jpg
20200513_181425.jpg

Pretty interesting routing with the side exhaust....
20200513_181543.jpg

That is very pretty pipe work. :clap:

why didn't you just go straight to the side instead of doing the 180? not enough room for the muffler/resonator? is your 1HZ turbo'd? if so you don't really need a muffler/resonator, unless you really want to quiet it as much as possible. I don't run any muffler/resonator and it's sounds just right, incab sound level is not noticeable as to any differences, you have to open the window to enjoy the exhaust sound.

why didn't you just go straight to the side instead of doing the 180? not enough room for the muffler/resonator? is your 1HZ turbo'd? if so you don't really need a muffler/resonator, unless you really want to quiet it as much as possible. I don't run any muffler/resonator and it's sounds just right, incab sound level is not noticeable as to any differences, you have to open the window to enjoy the exhaust sound.

We were able to tuck the muffler way up routing it this way.....and instead of going out the back thru the coil springs and fuel tank with 3", it was easier to just 180* it to the side....I wanted it to exit on the passenger side too.

I don't mind it being super quiet.....although I haven't yet driven it with this setup to see if it is any different than before when we had it ending before the muffler. It sounds good at idle with this setup...and I'm sure it will be quiet.

Lot of time in this setup.........next stop is thermal coating.

20200514_115305.jpg
20200514_115314.jpg
20200514_112928.jpg

Our cross brace that originally was to support the e-brake certainly has changed a bit.....
20200514_131453.jpg
20200514_131500.jpg

Wow....12 days and no update. Slacking. We're running out of things to do so on the truck so not much going on.....we did get back our exhaust from thermal coating.....not sure why these pics look so bad.

20200522_132745.jpeg

20200522_132725.jpeg
20200522_132733.jpeg

Had this bar coated as well....

20200520_151904_1.jpeg
20200520_151856_1.jpeg

Exhaust went in today. We had hours upon hours of fab time in this thing. Took less than an hour to install.

20200526_091338.jpeg

We'll end up making some aluminum heat shields for a couple of these brake lines most likely. I'll be curious to see how hot things get once this thing is really going.

Pic makes it look like things are on top of each other but they aren't. Lots of space.

20200526_085452.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom