Builds Let's build a 79 Series from parts... (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

It was The Time for the Satoshi grill.

Congratulations on an epic build.
I had been sitting on it a long time.....yesterday felt like a good day for it.

I had someone ask me if I had added the Toyota sombrero to my hood. They were under the impression it shouldn't be there on the year model I had. I see you have one also. Anyone know if it's incorrect?
image.jpeg

I had someone ask me if I had added the Toyota sombrero to my hood. They were under the impression it shouldn't be there on the year model I had. I see you have one also. Anyone know if it's incorrect?
View attachment 2299608

Pretty sure the hood badge is a Middle East spec thing.

Our Troopy has one.....you don't see too many Troopys with them.

Just an opinion, but #2 crushes #1. LOVE IT. And I'm expecting big things for #3!

Just an opinion, but #2 crushes #1. LOVE IT. And I'm expecting big things for #3!

Poor #1. It's a has been now. New truck is getting all the attention. :)

We're going to give #1 a mild work over I think. Maybe once the camper stuff goes on #2 we'll start on it.

You know when you get down to this stuff it's nearing the end of the build....
20200508_144652.jpg
20200508_144716.jpg

This panel was from the 76.....there was a fuel door release in the cutout. No fuel doors now.

Lining them up....

20200508_072016.jpg

Pretty sure the hood badge is a Middle East spec thing.

Our Troopy has one.....you don't see too many Troopys with them.

Middle East and South America. "General Countries".

I know I mentioned this before... I'd like a dead pedal in my '88... do you mind retaking that picture with a tape measure?

20200508_144716.jpg
IMG_7643.jpeg

I know I mentioned this before... I'd like a dead pedal in my '88... do you mind retaking that picture with a tape measure?

View attachment 2300066View attachment 2300062
Sure....no problem. I bet there is a different clutch pedal that shifts things over.

We're going to retrofit a dead pedal in the Troopy...we'll see how it works in that truck.

Interesting....I don't remember seeing them on South American trucks. Maybe they're bling that gets added on :)

Sure....no problem. I bet there is a different clutch pedal that shifts things over.

We're going to retrofit a dead pedal in the Troopy...we'll see how it works in that truck.
Thanks.... I saw these new take off clutch pedals for sale and thought, hmm.... but I did not get a chance to look into it much further though.

At one point we had a visiting 2009 HZJ79 truck from Nicaragua and it had a factory-installed "gunsight" on the hood and loud factory stripes.

At one point we had a visiting 2009 HZJ79 truck from Nicaragua and it had a factory-installed "gunsight" on the hood and loud factory stripes.

Sounds like a GCC spec truck.....stripes. Lol. That's pretty neat. Isn't it common for people to bring GCC spec trucks to South America? Less taxes or something. Thought I read that somewhere.

Thanks.... I saw these new take off clutch pedals for sale and thought, hmm.... but I did not get a chance to look into it much further though.

Are you just looking for a measurement of the wheel well to see if the space is the same as a later model truck?

Maybe that pedal from that assembly in the link would fit into the bracket of yours......easy swap.

It was purchased new at a Toyota dealer down there. I know the vehicle owner.

It was purchased new at a Toyota dealer down there. I know the vehicle owner.

HZJ must be rare in South America.....mostly gas down there I would think.

Hello,

General countries like chrome/bling, apparently. And gasoline engines.

Juan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom