Let the mods begin... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
You guys might think I'm goofy or such a noob, but I just got my 285/75/16 Kelly-Springfield Safari MSR's on today and you couldn't wipe the grin off my face with a baseball bat!! :D :D :D :D

The goofball PO :slap: had put on some 255/70/16's right before I bought it and I've been waiting ever so patiently until I had a good reason to put the new 285's on. :doh: one big nail picked up on the road and into the sidewall did it :p

What a HUGE difference they made. Not only do they look good and fill up the wheel wells, they really lifted the rig from where it was!! Runnin' just a bit more tall and proud now-a-days ;)

I just can't wait to go get my OME lift and get it installed :D Talk about lookin' awesome!!! I'm so stoked!

Called the wife and told her how much the tires alone raised the rig and she said that the OME lift would make it "stupid tall" and she'd hate it (getting in/out that is). You see, she had me take the 2.5" lift off her '88 FJ62 not too long ago to facilitate here getting in/out with Emily (18 mos.). I obliged, but I didn't want to. Went back with stock height springs from TPI. Yes -- sold the 2.5" springs while still on the rig :p

Anyhow, I'm giddy and wanted to tell someone who'd care. These guys at the office don't know a Land Cruiser from an Explorer or J**p and couldn't care less how much I LOVE my new tires. The unenlightened, pity them.

Thanks for listening guys... Take care. :beer:

Jody.

Will get pics in the next couple of days!!

Now what was the name of that guy... OutYerButt something or other.... I just don't remember.

Jose'

Now you need the extinct Slee Slider with running board for the wife and kiddy.
My wife is 4'10" and was very mad when I removed the runnung boards.
When in CO at Slee's, they found a hiding pair of runnung board sliders just waiting for me to come and snatch them up. I hate the running board part as I hit my leg everytime I get out but the running board part is removable with 4 bolts :)

Now what would be tight is...
we all know about air tight frames and sliders etc... for extra air storage.
What about liquid co2 holding sliders/bumpers/etc..
I guess filling would be a problem, and then what happens if a hole somehow gets busted in (not for Junk).
It would still be damn cool.

[quote author=CruisinGA link=board=2;threadid=6669;start=msg54717#msg54717 date=1066974935]
It would still be damn cool.
[/quote]

Especially when you started to use it (ice)....

Seriously though...I am putting slees on mine for that reason as well (wife access)....nevermind the rock thing...my wife is more important, right? ;)

As for bragging to co-workers...get them hooked. I have one co-worker that now has 2 cruisers (40 and an 80) and more are looking now.

infect them with the bug!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom