LC200 camper conversion (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I found a deal too good to resist on a 2017 LC200. I have been a very happy owner of a FJ Cruiser for the past 7 years and the only reason I have had my eye on the lc200 is for the increased interior space. I am planning a multi-month north America trip and I would like to convert the LC interior into a camper with kitchen and bed (VW westy style setup). I will remove the 2nd and 3rd row of course. I have been googling for examples and there are plenty with drawers that pull outside of the rear gate but none I could find that show a complete interior setup. Is this doable in a lc200? Any examples out there? Thank you
Supposedly you can lay the front seats down completely in the land cruiser…thereby making a pair of chase lounges out of the back seat. That would be a quite comfy “living room” for a camper.

on the roof I’d put one of the smittybilt overlander xl’s with an aftermarket mattress and buckles (the mattress and buckles suck from the factory). Then you get a larger than king sized mattress to sleep on upstairs.

for a bathroom, take the money you saved buying a smittybilt and get one of those $1,000 electronic toilets that hermetically seals your deuce in chemicals. Put it in the “vestibule” at the bottom of your tent near the ladder.

now you’ve got a giant leather couch, king sized bed, and toilet in your land cruiser for somewhere south of $3,000.

If you want to get super fancy, maybe take out the third row and add some drawers in the back along with one of those gigantic double swing away hitch mounted racks from westcott for another $3,000 and you’d have a significant little rig that didn’t require any cutting or fab work…put your cooler and cook gear on the dual swing outs on the back.

sub $6,000 build.

Supposedly you can lay the front seats down completely in the land cruiser…thereby making a pair of chase lounges out of the back seat. That would be a quite comfy “living room” for a camper.

on the roof I’d put one of the smittybilt overlander xl’s with an aftermarket mattress and buckles (the mattress and buckles suck from the factory). Then you get a larger than king sized mattress to sleep on upstairs.

for a bathroom, take the money you saved buying a smittybilt and get one of those $1,000 electronic toilets that hermetically seals your deuce in chemicals. Put it in the “vestibule” at the bottom of your tent near the ladder.

now you’ve got a giant leather couch, king sized bed, and toilet in your land cruiser for somewhere south of $3,000.

If you want to get super fancy, maybe take out the third row and add some drawers in the back along with one of those gigantic double swing away hitch mounted racks from westcott for another $3,000 and you’d have a significant little rig that didn’t require any cutting or fab work…put your cooler and cook gear on the dual swing outs on the back.

sub $6,000 build.

Tell me about this toilet…I’m getting tired of pooping in a bucket

Tell me about this toilet…I’m getting tired of pooping in a bucket

112591B1-0AE5-42AB-8446-AA95AA31D858.png

sub $6,000 build.
$1000 for a toilet!? It better be gold plated for that price.

2nd and 3rd rows are out. Surprisingly easy job.

I want to do the same thing. I have stripped out all the seats and am sleeping in the truck but the head room is the issue. To get to a real solution it needs a pop top I think or fiberglass shell or Maltec type solution. If I old afford Maltec thats what I would do but for now I am hoping someone will do a pop top. 2013 and waiting to take the plunge to cut the top off.
You are indeed correct. Headroom is really tight. After removing the seats, I can only build a seating platform that is 5 inches high before hitting the roof (I am 5'10"). I was hoping to use the space below the platform for storage but 5 inches isn't much. This is a problem.

You are indeed correct. Headroom is really tight. After removing the seats, I can only build a seating platform that is 5 inches high before hitting the roof (I am 5'10"). I was hoping to use the space below the platform for storage but 5 inches isn't much. This is a problem.

Perhaps keep the 60 or 40 section of the second row seating as the seating platform, as the floor is lower there? And build the storage behind that, which would naturally extend over the second seat when folded, as the bed platform?

I’d get a ground tent and sleep in that. Super easy and quick to set and more room than an LC.
I have that. I was looking for a stealth solution if I have to sleep where you can't set a ground tent.

Maybe buy a Sienna?

It has been a while since my last update so here is how my lc200 somewhat stealth camper looks like. I have to say, it has proven fantastic in the 2 weeks I have been on the road so far.

My goal was to keep it factory for reliability, keep the stuff on the roof to a minimum to not ruin MPG, but make the inside as comfy as possible.

I went with the Landshark Reef full platform setup which is the absolute best bang for the buck. I installed hinges on the 2 extension panels so I can lift them up to access stuff underneath.

I installed a water pump connected to a 5 gallon scepter tank. I used quick connect at the tank and quick connect at the back so I can plug either the little faucet spray you see in the picture to wash dishes and cooking/drinking, or I have a garden hose connecting to a propane water heater for showers. I setup the OVS shower room for privacy.

For power, I use a jackery 500 which has been sufficient to power the fridge, the water pump, and all the electronic toys I carry around.

20211004_094532.jpg
20211006_171509.jpg
20211006_184240.jpg
20211008_075814.jpg
received_268239381745976.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom