LC200 + Blizzak DM-V2 + Blizzard = :) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I went with the Blizzaks VM-2s as well. So far I love them. Had a minor snow here and I think the difference is immediately evident. I'm also happy with how they feel on pavement. Could easily be a year round tire in my opinion but I'll probably do some Nittos or KO2s next summer for the camping trips. Looking forward to a heavier snow for now to get a little more data on these tires.

Having lived in the DFW area before moving here, we practiced in a large church parking lot with the LX and Cruiser.

Having lived in the DFW area you should be prepared for awful drivers in inclement weather. Anytime it rains up there people lose their minds and act as if they've never driven in the stuff before. I definitely don't miss the traffic up there.

Having lived in the DFW area you should be prepared for awful drivers in inclement weather. Anytime it rains up there people lose their minds and act as if they've never driven in the stuff before. I definitely don't miss the traffic up there.
We got to Idaho 2 years after leaving DFW. I can remember canceling work trips to Greenville when ice shut down the highway...semi's sliding backwards was an issue. ;)

You got me thinking of switching from my KO2's to these as well. My BFG's have 30K on them but they are not great in the snow as they get older and the rubber hardens. I just don't like the changing of the tires for the Winter and then back to something else in the Spring! Was just quoted $1050.00 installed here in Montana.
Not sure if you are a Costco member but i bought new Blizzaks for my 200 this year. After rebate, $825 out the door including installation and tax.

I use Blizzaks DM V2s also. I just drove out of the the (apparently) once in a lifetime snowstorm in West Texas. I was down there hunting and the storm hit hard. Lost power, 4 inches and drifts of several feet because of the high winds. I left the morning after the storm and the roads were terrible. The LX just plowed through with out missing a beat. Never lost traction, no issues braking. The guides were pretty impressed and called my truck a Mountain Goat.

Last edited:
First post here.

I began researching the LC200 about a year ago, and I have learned so much in these forums! I pulled the trigger on a 2021 heritage edition in early April 2021, and I love everything about it. I’m not planning any significant modifications at this point, but I’m looking to put a set of dedicated winter tires along with a set of Tundra #75157 wheels.

I previously drove a 2018 Mercedes GL450, and I would throw HAKKAPELIITTA R3s on during the winter, and they worked great. But I’ve read so many positive reviews about the BLIZZAK and thought I would give them a try.

A question for posters using dedicated winter tires, what size of Blizzaks DM-V2s do you run on your LC200? Below are a few options I’m considering:

Option 1: Swap out my current OEM tire/wheel set up for the exact size tire. It seems like it’s the easiest, and the spare would match.

BLIZZAK DMV2 285/60R18 116R SL BSW

Option 2: Go with the taller and thinner tire below. Would the 114R load rating work for the LC200? Should I also replace my spare to match if I go with a taller tire?

BLIZZAK DMV2 P275/65R18 114R SL BSW

If option 2 above doesn’t work and I want to go still taller and thinner, would the below work?

HAKKAPELIITTA R3 SUV 275/65R18 116R SL BSW

Any other options I should consider that would work without any modifications?

First post here.

I began researching the LC200 about a year ago, and I have learned so much in these forums! I pulled the trigger on a 2021 heritage edition in early April 2021, and I love everything about it. I’m not planning any significant modifications at this point, but I’m looking to put a set of dedicated winter tires along with a set of Tundra #75157 wheels.

I previously drove a 2018 Mercedes GL450, and I would throw HAKKAPELIITTA R3s on during the winter, and they worked great. But I’ve read so many positive reviews about the BLIZZAK and thought I would give them a try.

A question for posters using dedicated winter tires, what size of Blizzaks DM-V2s do you run on your LC200? Below are a few options I’m considering:

Option 1: Swap out my current OEM tire/wheel set up for the exact size tire. It seems like it’s the easiest, and the spare would match.

BLIZZAK DMV2 285/60R18 116R SL BSW

Option 2: Go with the taller and thinner tire below. Would the 114R load rating work for the LC200? Should I also replace my spare to match if I go with a taller tire?

BLIZZAK DMV2 P275/65R18 114R SL BSW

If option 2 above doesn’t work and I want to go still taller and thinner, would the below work?

HAKKAPELIITTA R3 SUV 275/65R18 116R SL BSW

Any other options I should consider that would work without any modifications?
I bought a set of Toyota Land Cruiser takeoff wheels (thanks LC HE buyers!) and installed the standard 18” sized Blizzaks. This solution works great in both heavy wet PNW crud and Alaska powder.

I have Blizzaks on other vehicles but put the HAKKAPELIITTA R3 SUVs on our 200 in the OEM size 285/60/18. They are fantastic. The Blizzaks are great as well. But I wanted to try something different on the 200. IMO you can't go wrong with either one but we really like the R3 SUV on the 200. May come down to availability and what you can actually get. Cheers.

Guy

Mounted the tundra 20s and Hakka 9s on my wife’s LX last weekend.

Illegal in Illinois but you can’t put a price on safety 😂

Winter tire threads always make me want to move to a place where I can use them. Living in VA is not the place, but I can't even imagine driving in the snow/ice and it being like it's a dry road...just blows my mind.

@stonepa – Leaning towards the Blizzaks. I’m interested in the taller 275/65R18 size but just not sure about the 114R load rating on the LC200

@liv2bike – Can’t go wrong with the HAKKAPELIITTA R3 SUV. But you are right. It may come down to availability.

@04UZJ100 and @jjfresh – I’m guessing studs are illegal in Illinois? But you are right about safety. Switching out wheels/tires is lots to think about, but it always pays off when driving the family over the mountain pass with little to no worries.

I have the blizzaks on my wife’s GLS450 and like them but they get very noisy after the first few years. I put 275/65/18 Toyo at3s for the summer and switch to the same size Hakka r3 SUV of the winter and am very happy with them. I wanted to make sure I had the same size tires year round incase I had a flat and needed to swap in the spare.

@BrainDoc - Do you have any pics of your summer set up with the 275/65/18 Toyo AT3s? And pic of your winter setup? I'm looking to switch out the stock tires in the spring to Toyo AT3s. I was looking to go with 285/65/18. Ideally, I'd go with the same size for winter tires but it looks like nobody makes them in that size.

@BrainDoc - I just read some of the 200 Series Tire and Wheel Size Database thread regarding Toyo AT3 size LT285/65R18 on the HE rims. I’ll have to rethink my ideal summer setup.

@stonepa – Leaning towards the Blizzaks. I’m interested in the taller 275/65R18 size but just not sure about the 114R load rating on the LC200

@liv2bike – Can’t go wrong with the HAKKAPELIITTA R3 SUV. But you are right. It may come down to availability.

@04UZJ100 and @jjfresh – I’m guessing studs are illegal in Illinois? But you are right about safety. Switching out wheels/tires is lots to think about, but it always pays off when driving the family over the mountain pass with little to no worries.
Yeah they’re illegal.

@BrainDoc - Do you have any pics of your summer set up with the 275/65/18 Toyo AT3s? And pic of your winter setup? I'm looking to switch out the stock tires in the spring to Toyo AT3s. I was looking to go with 285/65/18. Ideally, I'd go with the same size for winter tires but it looks like nobody makes them in that size.
Unfortunately I don’t have any pics right now and I am away from home for a few days. I will take and share some pics when I get home. I chose this size for tire because the updated wheel tire size was out of spec for the HE wheels and I could not find a nokian in 285/65/18. I have been very happy with the 275/65/18.

I decided to go with the HAKKAPELIITTA R3 SUV 275/65R18 116R SL. So far I'm happy with them. Looking forward to trying in the snow soon.

LC1.jpg

LC2.jpg

LC3.jpg

Thanks to @wiseinvestors for the idea of modifying the Tundra center caps with the Toyota center plate from the heritage wheel.

I'm a big fan of Blizzacks. Have ran them on three or four of my cars, including (in stock size) on the LX right now.

Have also used Nokian Hakkapeliitta R2 SUV, Nitto SN2, Michelin X-ICE, Hankook iPike. All of the winter tires have been huge improvements over all other non-winters.

I decided to go with the HAKKAPELIITTA R3 SUV 275/65R18 116R SL. So far I'm happy with them. Looking forward to trying in the snow soon.

View attachment 2871246
View attachment 2871247
View attachment 2871250

Thanks to @wiseinvestors for the idea of modifying the Tundra center caps with the Toyota center plate from the heritage wheel.

You running stock setup w/ suspensions/lifts etc? I just ordered same size and same tire based on your post for the stock wheels. Running stock. Seattle seems to be getting more snow than usual this year, and I need to hit some pretty steep and icy hills so trying to find more traction

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom