LC200 + Blizzak DM-V2 + Blizzard = :) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Take pics!

Right!

Yup, been yelled at before at stop lights or at a parking lot for driving way too fast by drivers in all seasons when its a blizzard out. Well, "sorry that I'm driving at a reasonable and controlled rate of speed in the right tire that is much fast than you".

This is our 4th winter with Blizzak VM-2's. No complaints...but watch yer butt if it's ice.

Tons of people have moved to Idaho in the last few years...there's a nightmare of fwd little cars on the road. Lots of people stuck in their neighborhoods with HOA's instead of county sanders and snowplows to clear the streets. Result is like a carnival ride, especially with fog. I'd say if you've spent your life in a no-snow state, you need to practice before hitting the road. Having lived in the DFW area before moving here, we practiced in a large church parking lot with the LX and Cruiser. I sometimes wish we drove APC's.

Tons of people have moved to Idaho in the last few years...there's a nightmare of fwd little cars on the road.

Yep. Not sure where you’re at but it’s the same here in Idaho Falls. Lots of folks moving out here. And they have no idea.

Yep. Not sure where you’re at but it’s the same here in Idaho Falls. Lots of folks moving out here. And they have no idea.
Same goes for Colorado. Although, these last few years, the snowstorms have been quite light. The worst part is I70 all the way from Denver up through Vail pass. TONS of traffic and TONS of people who don't know how to drive in the snow. Nearly every single snow storm we have, the highway gets shut down in both directions due to crashes. I hate to say this but it may be time to adopt the I80-Donner Pass mentality on chains. If you are in a 2wd car and it gets bad enough, you are forced to use chains. That would at least slow down those who need a bit more practice in the snow. It can't possibly make traffic any worse.

@hankinid Ditto in New York. So many cars spun out on the side of the road, I lost count.

One other thing I noticed was a lot of people pulled over or just stopped in the middle of the road, battling their wipers and windshields. I myself had some trouble with ice buildup early in my drive. But once I cleared all the buildup from my windshield and wipers and kept the defroster blasting, the buildup did not return, and I no longer had this limitation while driving.

@hankinid Ditto in New York. So many cars spun out on the side of the road, I lost count.

One other thing I noticed was a lot of people pulled over or just stopped in the middle of the road, battling their wipers and windshields. I myself had some trouble with ice buildup early in my drive. But once I cleared all the buildup from my windshield and wipers and kept the defroster blasting, the buildup did not return, and I no longer had this limitation while driving.
Did you use the wiper heating elements?

Very infrequently as the truck is garaged at night.

We're in the Treasure Valley, just over the Ada/Canyon border...Thank God we're in Canyon county.

I hate to say this but it may be time to adopt the I80-Donner Pass mentality on chains. If you are in a 2wd car and it gets bad enough, you are forced to use chains. That would at least slow down those who need a bit more practice in the snow. It can't possibly make traffic any worse.
We visit remaining family still in California. Without exception we've been waved through the chain-up lines. Last time we got a big smile and a major thumbs-up from the CHP guy managing the line.

Took off my KO2s and put the DM-V2s on today for the blizzard in the northeast and... WHOA. WOW. HOLY TRACTOR ON STEROIDS. LET IT SNOW!
You got me thinking of switching from my KO2's to these as well. My BFG's have 30K on them but they are not great in the snow as they get older and the rubber hardens. I just don't like the changing of the tires for the Winter and then back to something else in the Spring! Was just quoted $1050.00 installed here in Montana.

I'm sure the right thing to do is RTFM, but could somebody clue me into how to turn on the heated wipers?

Thank you! I'll try it later today. Nice bonus feature.

Put the Blizzak's on today, wow what a difference (again). I have 3 peak AT's, but the dedicated winter tires perform so much better. This morning sliding easily, after the swap not so.

Also did the KDSS valves and the spare tire hoist, covered in penetrating oil for the winter season.

heated wipers?!? Sweet.

This is our 4th winter with Blizzak VM-2's. No complaints...but watch yer butt if it's ice.

Tons of people have moved to Idaho in the last few years...there's a nightmare of fwd little cars on the road. Lots of people stuck in their neighborhoods with HOA's instead of county sanders and snowplows to clear the streets. Result is like a carnival ride, especially with fog. I'd say if you've spent your life in a no-snow state, you need to practice before hitting the road. Having lived in the DFW area before moving here, we practiced in a large church parking lot with the LX and Cruiser. I sometimes wish we drove APC's.

Yeah I'm in Colorado and grew up here. We have a sh*tload of transplants that have no idea how to drive. I'm looking for a snow and ice tire myself. Leaning toward the blizzak.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom