LC rated most reliable large SUV (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hmmmm... I would have thought the Armada/QX would have been better than that.

Armada is all new models... the first and second years are typically not to reliable on any brand new model line.

Thanks for the link!

rzpapp said:
Armada is all new models... the first and second years are typically not to reliable on any brand new model line.

Well...EXCEPT for Toyotas !! ;)

macneill said:
Hmmmm... I would have thought the Armada/QX would have been better than that.

That's `cause they build the Armada in Canton, Mississippi! :doh: :)

Notice the Land Cruiser stands alone in its category!! LC > all other Large SUVs. pwnd!

Armadas are garbage. You have to give them away at the auctions. You see them all the time w/ crazy low miles because people drove them a couple of months & traded them back in. That's more a gas issue than reliability issue, though.

aedgington said:
Armadas are garbage. You have to give them away at the auctions. You see them all the time w/ crazy low miles because people drove them a couple of months & traded them back in. That's more a gas issue than reliability issue, though.

I'm no Nissan fan, but your comments don't have a lot of substance. Why are they garbage? If the reason people are trading them in is because of poor mileage, why does that make them bad? Just wondering what makes a vehicle garbage besides poor mileage and low resale at an auction. I would suspect most large suv's would be considered garbage these days based on gas prices and your stated criteria.

Lots of plastic on the interior. Lots of pitch & roll. Traction control in the rain blows. Navigation system is a joke (this isn't limited to the Armada though). Since garbage = worthless, I think my comments did have substance, since I was commenting on their resale value. Have you driven one?

aedgington said:
Lots of plastic on the interior. Lots of pitch & roll. Traction control in the rain blows. Navigation system is a joke (this isn't limited to the Armada though). Since garbage = worthless, I think my comments did have substance, since I was commenting on their resale value. Have you driven one?

Your original post didn't mention any of these things; you merely said it was garbage and then went on to talk about their resale value. When you make a blanket statement like that with nothing to back it up, to me, that statement lacks substance. No, I have not driven one. But, I wouldn't call a vehicle garbage without stating why I thought it was. No biggie, I understand where you stand on the Armada, just trying to get more info on why you felt this way.

I agree, the Armada is really cheap inside. I did not have enough interest to dig any deeper than sitting in one.

The FX35 & 45 are much better but I, personally, am not interested in the SUV-as-sportscar concept- tho it is a nice ride. For some reason, the bronze colored FX reminds me of a baseball glove...

FirstToy said:
The FX35 & 45 are much better but I, personally, am not interested in the SUV-as-sportscar concept- tho it is a nice ride. For some reason, the bronze colored FX reminds me of a baseball glove...

I'm not a big fan of the sports car type SUV's either, but my wife absolutely LOVES the FX. She wants one in a bad way. That's going to be her next car when she gets rid of her Mercedes. I'm trying to talk her into a Lexus RX330, but she loves the look of the FX. I haven't driven one yet, but they definitely stand out among all the other SUV's. The FX45 sounds like it's pretty quick. I'm leary to go test drive one, might have to go without the wife first. If I take her, we'll end up driving one home for good.

I'm curious how Prius got on that list w/ the shut-down issues.

side note, dmx, looking at your sig, i never realized how similar Living Colour's "Cult of Personality" lyrics were...

Greg B said:
I'm not a big fan of the sports car type SUV's either, but my wife absolutely LOVES the FX. She wants one in a bad way. That's going to be her next car when she gets rid of her Mercedes. I'm trying to talk her into a Lexus RX330, but she loves the look of the FX. I haven't driven one yet, but they definitely stand out among all the other SUV's. The FX45 sounds like it's pretty quick. I'm leary to go test drive one, might have to go without the wife first. If I take her, we'll end up driving one home for good.

got a great exhaust note, that's for sure. I like the interior, it feels nice.

FX45%20%206.jpg

Baseball_glove_front_back.jpg

FirstToy said:

I think the term "SUV" now describes a WAY too broad variety of vehicles...

Come on.. I mean, A Land Cruiser or Sequoia are in the same vehicle classification as a 4Runner, a Rav4 ...or yes...even a Toyota Matrix !! (as far as the term SUV goes)..Sure , they use the word "Full Size"... "Mid-size".. or even "Ultra super compact and barely a "... But look at the difference in the actual intended use, design, and overall capability of these SUV`s (?) !!

I cant help but wonder if they will always call virtually ANYTHING with 2 or 4 non-sliding doors and a storage area in the rear without a trunk or liftback...an SUV...

Well.....I guess it still sounds WAY cooler than.. MINIVAN or STATION WAGON !!

well, Sport Utility Vehicle is a pretty broad term... btw, my CA vehicle reg. calls my SUV a "station wagon"

Arleaux said:
Holy crap Derek, thats hilarious. :rolleyes:

That's why I put the smiley face in there, `cause sometime I write funny things... :rolleyes:

BTW, I also contend that the iMacs and Power Macs that Apple built in Elk Grove, CA are also crap... :flipoff2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom