LC rated most reliable large SUV (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

aww :( It means I lost that argument. Oh well. Thx Tad!

Way off-topic but find the answer to any GM diesel question at the authoritative source - TheDieselPage.com

Back ON TOPIC, AAA of AZ released its reviews of '06 vehicles. The only complaints for the LX were high cost, fuel economy, dated styling. Pro's were world-class luxury, quality, and exceptional on/off road handling. OTOH, they did like the Rover a lot....more luxury equipment like HID headlamps, brembo brakes, etc. (shame the LX/LC don't have HID's for what they cost). Also, the FJ Cruiser supposed to be available in Spring '06, estimated cost is $29K.

http://www.aaaaz.com/auto/reviews/index.htm

Yesterday, I wanted to call a few dealerships of other SUV's and see what they charged to fix some of each brands more common problems. I know people are upset about some of the more "common" LC/LX problems, but are they really that out of line? (and yes, if mine lays down on me I'll be pissed) On a very loose ratio I wanted to see how the costs stack up, the reason? On my 1991 K5 Chevrolet, the dealer quote for a new fuel pump was about $700-$800 and that was on a vehicle with a street value of about $2000-$3000. Sadly, my little mission was put on the back burner.

Sooooooooo, has anyone that has had some other brand SUV's had some out of warranty repairs and what did they cost? I was actually going to ask the dealerships about a starter replacement, and cracked exhaust manifold. My money is on the fact that the Toyota (while high) is not so far out, and other brands have equally bad problems.

Scott

Believe it or not, I actually considered dumping my lemon and buying another Land Cruiser!! I should be shot for it I know, but the things I did like about it I really liked. But I decided paying $20,000+for a six year old SUV and then facing expensive exhuast manifold replacements, starter contacts, and a potential $2000 master brake cylinder wasn't worth it. And from what I could tell, these were not rare repairs. Never said the LC wasn't a nice vehicle. But you guys who've spent next to nothing on your's should consider yourself lucky and not necessarily the norm. I spent almost nothing on my Ford Expedition over 4 years of ownership, but I wouldn't go as far as to say its the finest vehicle ever made. It was a pig, but it did get the job done.
The Mazda/Ford Ranger thing: My buddy now has 340,000 miles on his Mazda truck. Amazing. Only has needed a water pump. Its all hwy miles though. Big difference. More than most people realize.
When I say Jap I mean Japanese manufacturers of course and when I say Anti-American I mean those who hate American car makers. Leave the political correctness to the French panty waivers please, or move to the chick car forum.
I have had lots of calls about my Land Cruiser for sale, so I guess its reputation is helping to sell it. A lot of 4runner owners looking to move up but not wanting to pony up for a much better vehicle. One guy showed up in his 92 4runner and started trying to talk about how much better it was in some ways than the LC. I just laughed as he pointed to the catalytic converter and said it was the muffler and it needed replacement. What a bozo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom