LC & LX470 Tesla Style Screen Radio Upgrade with Climate Control: General Discussions (14 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

This looks perfect for us pre-03 nav guys

WTB did the harness need altering at all or was it genuinely plug and play? Does everything still work ok in the vehicle?

@WTB

I would love to know this as well! Just about to pull the trigger on one of these units from the "Yanav" seller you used on Aliexpress.. It seems you're the first here to successfully put one of these radios in.

I got mine from Yanav as well. I'm working through things with them because plugs don't match. I'm sure they've sent the wrong loom with it

This looks perfect for us pre-03 nav guys

WTB did the harness need altering at all or was it genuinely plug and play? Does everything still work ok in the vehicle?
It was plug and play with some adjustment to the CANBUS settings. Everything worked well. The one downfall of the screen is that it only hasd two main output channels (left and right) and one sub output, so if you intstall an aftermarket amp you will not be able to adjust the fade. There may be a way around this by converting the optical output to RCA. Overall, it's better than the factory head unit, but the audio is lacking if you need to replace the factory amp.

Yanav are now telling me they haven't done one for the Japanese model and that the cables won't fit and they want me to pack it up and send it back for a refund.

So I either do that then do the 3 knob climate conversion plus aftermarket head unit or try and work the wiring out myself. Once you take out the power wire, accessories wire, lights on, aerial, earth, and speaker wires there's really only 6 (3 pairs) left on the loom and they come from the canbus unit. So I'm thinking I'll try to get more info out of them in regards to their plugs and see if I can find pinouts for the mav/audio system. Theoretically it should only be the 3 pairs once I've sorted the others out.

There's another strange thing going on. As @WTB says, there's only 2 speaker outputs from the unit. I think they may have just left the wiring out for the other pair. The problem I'm seeing is the RCA plugs with the unit go to a plug that doesn't plug into the unit itself so I can't work out how they get a signal on them.

@WTB did you happen to take any photos of how your loom connected up? There might be some info from them I could see.

Yanav are now telling me they haven't done one for the Japanese model and that the cables won't fit and they want me to pack it up and send it back for a refund.

So I either do that then do the 3 knob climate conversion plus aftermarket head unit or try and work the wiring out myself. Once you take out the power wire, accessories wire, lights on, aerial, earth, and speaker wires there's really only 6 (3 pairs) left on the loom and they come from the canbus unit. So I'm thinking I'll try to get more info out of them in regards to their plugs and see if I can find pinouts for the mav/audio system. Theoretically it should only be the 3 pairs once I've sorted the others out.

There's another strange thing going on. As @WTB says, there's only 2 speaker outputs from the unit. I think they may have just left the wiring out for the other pair. The problem I'm seeing is the RCA plugs with the unit go to a plug that doesn't plug into the unit itself so I can't work out how they get a signal on them.

@WTB did you happen to take any photos of how your loom connected up? There might be some info from them I could see.
Oh man. This is worrisome. I assumed that JDM vehicles had the same connectors at the very least.. No reason to change that just because the steering wheel is on the other side.

At least you've been able to identify most of the wires. Sounds like the climate control stuff is going to be the trickiest part.

It was plug and play with some adjustment to the CANBUS settings. Everything worked well. The one downfall of the screen is that it only hasd two main output channels (left and right) and one sub output, so if you intstall an aftermarket amp you will not be able to adjust the fade. There may be a way around this by converting the optical output to RCA. Overall, it's better than the factory head unit, but the audio is lacking if you need to replace the factory amp.
Did you get your unit from "Yanav" or from "Autojeta"? It looks as though "Autojeta" has some reviews from people who bought the media player in Japan, but of course.. It is Aliexpress.

Screenshot_20230201-173044_Chrome.jpg
20230201_173222.jpg

These pics show the differences between the US nav system (top) and the JDM nav system.

orca-image--108726318.jpeg

This is the loom that comes with the new screen. Essentially the plugs I've labelled C, D,E and F are the only ones I need to find where they go. They come straight from the little canbus unit that comes with the loom. Plugs A and B are just the generic power, light, aerial etc

I'm going to look through some more drawings to try to find canbus wires that I might be able to hook up to

@XAlent I would be SO graetful if you could keep this thread updated- i have the same JDM nav as you so finding a solution would be REALLY handy! I'm really sorry that i can't help- hitting things with hammers is my thing, electrickery is well beyond me!

If I could find out which wires those plugs connect to on the US model, if they're all used etc and then work out which wires they translate to on the JDM version I think all would be good. The only issue is I haven't come across an electrical drawing for the JDM nav unit. There's a Electrical Wiring manual on ebay atm for the HDJ101K but its $180 odd $USD and it's all in Japanese. I mean it could be translated easily enough. It's just that the Chinese vendors will want the unit back ASAP if I decide to get a refund and I don't want to be stuck with an expensive non working unit

Did you get your unit from "Yanav" or from "Autojeta"? It looks as though "Autojeta" has some reviews from people who bought the media player in Japan, but of course.. It is Aliexpress.
I sent Autojeta pics of the JDM unit just to see if they had the right cables but they don't 😔

I sent Autojeta pics of the JDM unit just to see if they had the right cables but they don't 😔
Damn! I really thought someone would have parsed this out by now. Maybe someone on here speaks Japanese and can either read that manual, or prowl the internet for answers.

They sold a lot of these vehicles in Japan. When I was shopping for one there were ~5 new listings coming up on the auction search every day. There's just no way they haven't worked through this antiquated nav issue already.

At the very least I'll submit a request to "Autojeta" for the same things you have. A wiring harness to connect from their unit to the JDM plugs. Maybe if they have enough potential customers they will be motivated to sus this out.

Well I'm not sure I'm going to be able to solve this one. Just can't find the HDJ101K wiring diagrams anywhere.
It's a pity because I think all it requires is knowing where those pink grey and green cables on plugs C D E and F on my photo go to
If any members on here go with this unit on a US model it would be appreciated if they shared photos of the plugs that are used. It would be a great help

Had a bit more of a go at it after finding some more pictures
received_1464731347266633.jpeg

That one in particular was helpful. If someone has a factory service manual that shows the nav multi screen plugs in the same way as that pic I'd be eternally grateful.

received_704121748073437.jpeg

So plugs 1, 2,3 and 4 in that pic.

I purchased mine from JIUTREE but I have a feeling they are all the same.

@WTB do you remember if all the plugs on the loom that came with the unit got used? I think I'm down to just the pink wire from the canbus unit now but I have no idea what it's for

Does anyone have a writeup of the settings and their meanings for these screens? I figured out most stuff but some stuff I'm just stuck on like

What does:
Factory amplifier actually do? When it's on my speakers just get quiter
Not sure what Back Suction Panel means lol
Antenna power doesn't seem to do anything
Does anyone know what version of Zlink or the android auto software is? I accidentally uninstalled mine and now I can't find a version that works
Any other knowledge of the weird labels for controls would be helpful!

Thank you!

@WTB do you remember if all the plugs on the loom that came with the unit got used? I think I'm down to just the pink wire from the canbus unit now but I have no idea what it's for
Unfortunately I deleted all of my pics from the install. There are two plugs from the unit that will fit one of the plugs on the vehicle harness. I plugged the one with a bunch of wires in and my AC didn't work. I then plugged in the other one with the pink and white wire and it came to life. The plug with a lot of wires remains unplugged and everything works as it should.

I apologize for the lack of detail. It has been a couple months and many beers since I installed the unit and my memory is fuzzy.

Unfortunately I deleted all of my pics from the install. There are two plugs from the unit that will fit one of the plugs on the vehicle harness. I plugged the one with a bunch of wires in and my AC didn't work. I then plugged in the other one with the pink and white wire and it came to life. The plug with a lot of wires remains unplugged and everything works as it should.

I apologize for the lack of detail. It has been a couple months and many beers since I installed the unit and my memory is fuzzy.
That's alright. I think it's the pink wire that's stopping this from working now. When the unit is turned on the canbus box sends about 11.5 v on it so yes, it should be powering something up, I just can't work out what.

@1mtomselleck that's great. When I queried them they just said they don't have it yet but that sounds very promising

I did manage to finally (it's been a long time searching) track down a copy of the HDJ101K nav wiring
Jap Nav Wiring.jpg

In particular it showed the link between the multidisplay and the AC ECU which I hadn't seen before. Most of the US versions show it going through a Gateway ECU first

AC ECU to NAV.jpg

The wires and plug positions matched up and I physically traced the wires between the two. I think these are the two green wires in the Chinese loom. The multiplex bus.
The other canbus seems to be just between the nav screen, the cd changer, nav dvd player, tv tuner etc na dthats the grey/ grey black wires.
So I'm thinking its just the pink wires now. I'm going to send the diagram to my Chinese friends and see what they think. They really want me to send it back and get a refund :confused:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom