LC 1995 Rear main seal…again. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a 1995 LC that has a small seep at the rear main seal. Again. I say again because I took it to the stealership last time for the same issue in 11/19. I don’t have the knowledge or capability to try myself. Anyways, I went back to the stealership and told the help desk guy and he said it’s common to have a small seep like that on older cars. I asked why did I pay approx 1 k to get it “fixed” last time then? Insert a couple of cuss words. Is this common? Are there any questions I should ask when I go back in when they take a look at it? I am just really ticked that this is going on. TIA

Either it wasn’t done correctly or it was misdiagnosed and the problem was really the upper oil pan arch seal. Also possible the leak you had fixed was indeed the rear main but later the upper oil pan arch seal began leaking. Both leaks look the same when viewing the undercarriage

I don’t know which it may be. Hard to see when under the vehicle. However your advice gives me something to ask about to get it re-checked. Thanks for your help!

Could be your valve cover seal, from the top of the engine as well.

No, it is not common, especially if OEM parts are used. Most of these rear main seals go 150k-250k before needing replaced.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom