Landcruiser recall 2008-2019 Caveat Emptor "buyer beware!" (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Over 80,000 vehicles are affected here, but Toyota is all smiles and business as usual. Toyota has directed dealers to stop selling all Land cruisers yet they still are. There is NO fix in site after 7 long months and the notification was sent to owners December 2018. I can't drive my 2017 LC because it's not safe and has been parked. Toyota will provide you a loaner ONLY if you bring this to their attention. The whole situation is a f' ing joke and Toyota is playing a game of smoke and mirrors. I have owned land cruisers for over 30 years and never have I been treated as such. They'll give you a case manager who will be condescending and rude. I am sorry how did the consumer cause this? They can't fix your car and you get to pay that big price they want for a land cruiser and will gladly inform you they are not obligated to give you a loaner so take this base model highlander and like it Spaulding. Your warranty gets to burn down, you get to make payments, insurance and your registration. Car sure looks great sitting in my driveway because it's not SAFE to drive. If you are in an accident there is a high probability your passenger air bag will not deploy. Why are they still for sale on dealer lots. I told them to fix the car or take it back. They act like I am the problem. Lemon law in CA requires you to go back 4 times. Now I have to play this game. I really just want to ensure that our community is crystal clear on this situation. Look at the letters attached.

Attachments

• RCAK-18V887-9508.pdf
    240.5 KB · Views: 270
  • RCLRPT-18V887-7496.PDF
    209.2 KB · Views: 184
  • RCMN-18V887-5488.pdf
    419 KB · Views: 189
I would've thought that ted nugent was bad ass enough to not worry about driving a vehicle without airbags....

So - since you posted here....are you selling yours? I would gladly pay you $1000 for it since you can't drive it.

:popcorn:

No front passenger, no problem! Drive it as Chauffeur with passenger in back if you're worried. A cap would be nice touch!

Last edited:
Does the passenger airbag light say OFF?

Valid point to the Safety factor. I’m sure they will Rectify problem. In Waiting ,I’ll Keep cruising my 100 and looking for a 200 I want to purchase... Also a Cap for Driving the Mrs around the mall.

I have a 2008 LX570 and light for the Airbag went on 2 years ago. I reported it to the dealer, then to Corporate. They told me could be 3 things, and I would have to pay for them to look at it and they would assess later if they would help with the repair. I got a little aggressive with an email paper trail and they sent me a letter that said I should have it repaired and they would bear no responsibility if something would happen... FAST FORWARD to Feb 2019, I get the notice. Two years previously, if I had them look at it, they would have charged me for the time, only to report there is no fix!
But perhaps the fact that its not functional could actually save your life, by avoiding shards of metal slicing thru your jugular upon deployment.
I mean, my FJZ80 doesn't have side airbags and I still drive it, I just avoid getting T-boned.

Last edited:
I agree the delay is silly, but perhaps these videos will put the vehicle's safety in perspective:

Medium Heavy Truck rear ending LX 570 in Asia
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8qwsmxLvLY

Bus rear ending LX 570 in Soviet Russia
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eoLKyXTh1Zk

LX 570 head on into Concrete Wrapped Iron Pole at Speed in Soviet Russia (Driver OK)
https://www.liveleak.com/view?t=5b7_1483793551

ANCAP Front Crash Test
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWTRqzSnU68

LX 570 rear ended by Ram Pickup: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/lx-3rd-gen-2008-present/830836-lx570-safety-proof-is-in-the-pictures.html

Last edited:
everyone knows Ted Nugent is a Jeeper.....but likely packs a Highlander for grocery grabbing

EB74C8C4-6704-47B9-B004-B972818AF188.jpeg

I like my chances in recall-ridden Land Cruiser over just about anything else.

My beef with the recalls is the horrific service from my local dealer.

glad I saw this post......i could care less about the recall(just up the wife's life insurance) maybe some deals to be had :D

I still drive a 45LV without seatbelts and harpoon steering :hillbilly:

Ted was big into Bronco's

everyone knows Ted Nugent is a Jeeper.....but likely packs a Highlander for grocery grabbing

Reactions: dmc
Replaced my passenger side belt tensioner 2 years ago after the light went off, works fine since then,

Fix your truck and quit whining, unless its under warranty :)

It took 20 min and cost less than $300
My notice says they will reimburse me for repairs, but they are being a pain about that as well...

It might have been a temp fix, but I have no airbag light

Last edited:
Shouldn't this be in chat, or maybe tech?

Shouldn't this be in chat, or maybe tech?

We have a very similar thread there on the front page of the 200 series forum:

Then the Mods ought to kill or move this one ?

Moved this to tech. It’s been discussed before but maybe there’s something new in this thread?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom