Land Cruiser Documentary Filming (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.expeditionswest.com
!!!CANCELLED by filmmaker!!! Land Cruiser Documentary Filming

!!!TRIP CANCELLED!!! The filmmaker will need to reschedule.

I was contacted be a Canadian film company that is doing a "History of the North American Land Cruiser" film, and would like to include an AZ trail run (in addition to some of the "expedition" related items I am covering for them).

So, if some of you would like to be in a Land Cruiser film, please let me know. I enjoyed meeting several of you at AZROCK's and think you will make for a great group!

Trip Details:
Available Here!

These are the vehicles we are looking for:

UZJ100 (probably John's)
FZJ80
FJ60
FJ40
Any other unique Land Cruisers in AZ (I would love to see an FJ45 P/U).
Note: Factory drivetrain preferred)

Attendee List:
FJ40- Seth
FJ45-
FJ55-
FJ60/62- Lee, Tremmor
FZJ80- Kevin P, Alvin
UZJ100- John Shotts

Group limit: 10 vehicles
Trail: Sunflower Mine Trail, NE of Phoenix (2.5 rated trail of 5)
Date: June 10th

You can sign up right here on this thread, and we can talk about details, etc.

:bounce2:

Last edited:
I will check my work schedule in the AM to see if I can take that day off. I would love to make that run. If you want to see my LC look at the thread "Check it out" in this forum. :cheers:

ditto i have an lx450 but id be willing to cruise home from bellingham wa right after my last final to make it there in time if u were sure i could get in on it.

mike

I could probably join but my 40 is far from stock!

Yup, I can take that day off no problem so sign me up! I should have my front bumper remodeled by then too. My little girl loves wheeling, I'll have to bring her along. :cheers:

Trail: Sunflower Mine Trail, NE of Phoenix (2.5 rated trail of 5)

The two big storms this spring have changed that trail for the better, some rock gardens where there was nice dirt roads, not a problem for our trucks, but maybe for the production crew? Here are some pictures after the first storm;

http://www.copperstatecruisers.org/1-1-2005.htm

I certainly agree! I just ran the trail two weeks ago and really enjoyed it. It is in my top 5 for the state now. Tons of fun :cool:

I will post some pics of my last trip when I get them finished

Tools R Us said:
The two big storms this spring have changed that trail for the better, some rock gardens where there was nice dirt roads, not a problem for our trucks, but maybe for the production crew? Here are some pictures after the first storm;

http://www.copperstatecruisers.org/1-1-2005.htm

Speaking for the club that has adopted most of this trail. Please ask the film maker not to divuldge the exact location, like GPS coordinates. It's had enough publicity with the write up in 4WD Sport Utility recently. And judging from those pics I'd say the mine sites have suffered because of it. I'd really like to kick the ass of the knuckleheads that pushed that dump truck off the hill :mad:

Have fun and please unstack your rocks :D

I would be more than willing to bring out my FJ40. It has vey few visible modifications but its not the prettiest 40 around. I would like to join in If you think my cruiser is not too much of an eye sore. If you guys wanna check it out send me an e-mail and I'll send out what pictures I have.

pbashaw@email.arizona.edu

Cdaniel said:
Speaking for the club that has adopted most of this trail. Please ask the film maker not to divuldge the exact location, like GPS coordinates. It's had enough publicity with the write up in 4WD Sport Utility recently. And judging from those pics I'd say the mine sites have suffered because of it. I'd really like to kick the ass of the knuckleheads that pushed that dump truck off the hill :mad:

Have fun and please unstack your rocks :D

Just a quick foot note:

Cliff brings up a very valid point. Information travels at the speed of light now. Word is getting out and trails are being trashed... That said. Scott and Expedition West not only follow - but Scott is qualified to teach the tread lightly.org creed. This type of ideology is what his runs are all about.

------------------------------------------------------
I had a real nice run with Scott and friends on the trail. Just enough danger and rocks to keep it fun :) Scott is a great trail leader and made sure everyone made it through and had a great trail experience.

I am not sure I will be in AZ at that time + my FJ40 is quite modified, But shoot if Seth + Candy go I might need to change my schedule... :D

Last edited:
Last time I ran that trail the brush was bad. Actually, it was severe. What was it like recently?
Oh, and thanks for thinking of my 100 in your original post. :)

Last time I ran that trail the brush was bad. Actually, it was severe.

Running the trail backwards from the Wells book to the mine and back, there is very little/no brush, the other side has major brush. I will bring clippers! :D

Do you think you can get the day off to play? I hear your boss isn't the most agreeable chap sometimes? :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom