Land Cruiser Documentary Filming (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

LandCruiserPhil said:
With Horseshoe 100% full and Bartlett is 99% (5.28.05) I don’t think you can run FR42 end to end. The last time we ran it the lakes were at the same level and you could not get from Indian Springs wash to Bartlett due to the water level. Check with Game and fish to be sure.

A VERY TIGHT path has been made around the flooded spot. Last I heard was that it was REALLY tight, as in no way 100. It was striping 40's. I emailed some folks who said they were going last weekend. We'll see what they say though it's up to the Scottmeister any how. :)

I don't think we can run any trips much below 5,000 feet and it be enjoyable. I have even considered an early morning run through Box Canyon to the Martinez Cabins, just because it is such a beautiful trip (for video and photographs). But we would need to meet in Florence at 6:00 am to make it bearable, have an early lunch at the cabins and then come out via cottonwood rd.

I will look for a few more options.

expeditionswest said:
I don't think we can run any trips much below 5,000 feet and it be enjoyable. I have even considered an early morning run through Box Canyon to the Martinez Cabins, just because it is such a beautiful trip (for video and photographs). But we would need to meet in Florence at 6:00 am to make it bearable, have an early lunch at the cabins and then come out via cottonwood rd.

I will look for a few more options.

Too bad Rice Peak has been dozed to a super-highway! :mad:

How about Jackson Cabin (though that stinks for Phoenicians)? I know a cool back way into the main access road from Cascabel.

I'm up for the Box/Cabins early meet. :crybaby:

I'm thinking too........?????

Or the old standby Crown King, everybody knows the trail? Good views if we go in Castle Hot Springs way and in the trees by noon or so? Not much further than Sunflower from Tucson.

I like the Crown King run, but it is a little long. How are the trail conditions at the top? Is it passable in a stock, older TLC? I know there have been some changes.

That might be a good consideration.

Oh, and yes FR42 is affected.

Somewhat tough for stock in a few areas - not impossible with good spotting -
and it will be hot like H

Since I am not going I think 4-am at Martinez is a great idea :)

the box and martinez would be an absolute awsome trip for this event. i dont know if there has been much work done to martinez since the rain and floods, i was actually the very first rig in martinez since all the flooding, awsome run now with boulders moved all around its like a fresh new trail, though the loop was impassible i did run all the way up to the end of the "rockcrawling" trail. the run into the cabins might be a bit much for stockers but with some good spotting maybe ok.

A buddy of mine made it to the cabins in his stock '98 Runner with no problem, but it's going to be a little warm there this time of year? What kind of shape is Mineral Mountain road in? It looks to be a shorter way in?

Last edited:
Mineral Mtn road is slow going in a stocker. It's rough as all get out and beats the piss outa ya. Cottonwood Canyon road or Box Canyon are the way to go. I always liked the in at Cottonwood Canyon road and out through the Box for a trip to the Cabins. If you're looking for an all day trip you could run the Coke ovens from South of the river. Get's you to the ovens quickly then a long day trekking out.

!!!! TRIP CANCELLED !!!!

I just spoke with Isaac from the film company, and they had to change the schedule due to a conflict. He will call me next week to discuss rescheduling.

I appologize, but is was a last minute thing on their part... If everyone still wants to go get together, we can just have a club/fun run.

expeditionswest said:
!!!! TRIP CANCELLED !!!!

I just spoke with Isaac from the film company, and they had to change the schedule due to a conflict. He will call me next week to discuss rescheduling.

I appologize, but is was a last minute thing on their part... If everyone still wants to go get together, we can just have a club/fun run.

I'm in. I'm salivating to run the 80. When and where!

I'm down for a run. I still have the day off and the next 5 weeks of my life are going to be crazy, so a fun day out would be just what I need.
Besides I really need to wheel with you all.
So...where are we going?

I can make it, how is C-gap down by Tucson this time of year? Rob's new truck is ready for a shake down run and he has the day off.

I would be all for checking out Charlaeu Gap. I haven't done it yet and the good news is that it's not flooded right now.

I'm up for the Gap. Scott: You should get that Jeep of yours out here again. We can have Jeeper vs Cruiser wars on the obstacles. :D
We are lucky, Friday's the coolest day of the week....95.

You guys should plan a trip that works for most involved and just go for it.

I might take this break in my schedule to get caught up on things. I have a garage full of mods still sitting in the boxes and need to get the truck ready for NVTR. I will let everyone know tomorrow for sure.

Well, if we keep it to Friday I'm free all day. If we make it Saturday, then it would have to be close to Tucson as I will be a single parent on Saturday and I don't wanna keep her strapped into a car seat ALL day.

So, Friday, C-Gap? :bounce:

Sounds like John is in, how about you Kevin? Anybody else?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom