Labor hours to regear both & rebuild front (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
On a recent trip to the L48, I got most the parts to regear the diff’s and replace a broken birf(s). Freight can double or triple the cost of parts here in Alaska, so if I can, I often bring parts back as checked bags.

One R&P set was not available on my last trip, so not quite ready to get the work done.

Just for my own budget purposes, has anybody recently rebuilt the front axel & regeared the diffs, and can tell me how many hours the shop billed ?

I hope to get this work done in the next month of two, so just trying to put together a budget.

Last edited:
On a recent trip to the L48, I got most the parts to regear the diff’s and replace a broken birf(s). Freight can double or triple the cost of parts here in Alaska, so if I can, I often bring parts back as checked bags.

One R&P set was not available on my last trip, so not quite ready to get the work done.

Just for my own budget purposes, has anybody recently rebuilt the front axel & regeared the diffs, and can tell me how many hours the shop billed ?

I hope to get this work done in the next month of two, so just trying to put together a budget.

Front axle and knuckle rebuild is really easy, and it is kind of a rite of passage in the cruiser community. It is just messy.

I got both of my diffs rebuilt, regeared, and lockers installed for $650, plus parts cost, but I just brought the 3rds to the shop that did them. I would call around and ask shops what the cost of a 3rd rebuild would be and see. Having a shop pull the 3rds and rebuild axles will probably triple the cost.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom