L Seat leather about to order- need input! (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@bulldog77 I agree, good looking install. What do you think about the perforated?

I have leather seats that were non power in a 94. I replaced with L Seat but they sent the ones with power controls cut outs. I contacted them and they sent out another set of bottoms for the front but they still didn't fit well. Upholstery shop ended up having to modify what L Seat sent. Be aware if you have non power leather seat.

Is there an affordable source for new bottom cushions? My back cushions are ok, but bottoms are shot.

I think the Dim Grey is the right color for the 80. Others seem too light or "bluish" to me.

J
Agree. I think it will look great installed and look very close to the factory leather.

Sounds like that matches the OEM look...I was thinking about doing two tone with black leather on the sides and dim grey in the middle non perforated.

Thoughts?
No.

Too much like hundreds of cheap seat covers.

And I have 40th two tone seats... tan and whatever that old dog s*** color is on the sides. Would love to have those dark tan skins that were selling on here for ever now. So I say go with the grey with that nice stiching you mentioned. Classy and classic.

Done.

@Aloha Jen - Post up pics when you get that installed!!

I knew I didn't want black leather, but I'm liking the thought of darker-than-stock grey like what you have there!

You & the fella are contenders for "most pimped"/rehab'd LC's between the 60 & the way the 80 is coming along!

@Aloha Jen just pictures of you we all know what leather seats look like o_O

Are you also changing put the leather in the door cards? If so, did you order additional leather for it and , most importantly, how dificult was it to do. I need new leather but having the old leather on the door panel right next to a new arm rest would look ghetto.

Source for new bottom seat foam is needed as well. Mine is shot.

I ordered the L Seat covers in Dim Grey with the Grey stitching and perforated inserts. The color compliments the grey interior and the quality of the leather is decent, but be prepared for a little extra hassle on the install. Some of the holes are not pre-cut in the covers so you will need extra time to cut them out. An example is the head rest openings and I believe some of the seat control areas were not cut out properly if I remember correctly. On install one of the seat covers tore as I was stretching it over the seat back, the good news is that the tear is covered by the rear seat trim panel and hasn't gotten any worse. Over all its a good price compared to Metric's and for the difference in price taking the time to cut some holes is worth the savings. I have had them installed in my truck for 10 months now and there is no signs of wear. I also installed seat heaters at the same time, but I live North of the 49 and its a nice option to have.

As far as customer service goes L Seat took some time to ship them out and when I contacted them I did not receive a response. That being said Houston was flooding at the time and it made sense that there were some nominal delays and a lack of communication in a disaster situation like that. I believe I had them to my door in about 3 weeks after I ordered them. I need to still have the rear seats done and I will order them from L Seat when the time comes.

My .02 cents

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom