Builds Kreiten Build thread! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Matt, I have the same tires as you (Nitto RG 285/75R17, which is 0.1" taller than your 285/70R18) and I get a very slight KDSS kiss on full right lock (which shines the KDSS but is not noticeable) and a bit more rub on the passenger side sway bar (where you can feel and hear the lugs contact the sway bar, but they don't stop the truck like you had on 35s).

I think both will be cured when I go for an alignment in a couple weeks. Right now my caster is above spec (4.3 degrees PS, 3.8 degrees DS)... I think reducing it by 0.5 to 0.75 degrees will resolve it as the Toyota max spec is 3.7 degrees.

Matt, I have the same tires as you (Nitto RG 285/75R17, which is 0.1" taller than your 285/70R18) and I get a very slight KDSS kiss on full right lock (which shines the KDSS but is not noticeable) and a bit more rub on the passenger side sway bar (where you can feel and hear the lugs contact the sway bar, but they don't stop the truck like you had on 35s).

I think both will be cured when I go for an alignment in a couple weeks. Right now my caster is above spec (4.3 degrees PS, 3.8 degrees DS)... I think reducing it by 0.5 to 0.75 degrees will resolve it as the Toyota max spec is 3.7 degrees.

It looks like it's the other way around...the 285/70/18 is 33.98"x11.50" and 285/75/18 is 33.86"x11.26". I'm on stock wheels which are 18x8" with 56mm offset, but I've added 0.75" spacers which is ~19mm. With the Fuel Anza being an inch wider at 18x9 with 20mm offset. I'm worried about potential rubbing on the KDSS which right now I'm clear of (and why I decided against 35s). I would imagine this combo would work fine since it's cleared worked great for Ken for a couple years now, but I just don't want to mess up something that currently works great. The center bore on the Anzas is great too at 110.30mm, so it should be hubcentric.

285 70 18.JPG
285 75 17.JPG

Last edited:
It looks like it's the other way around...the 285/70/18 is 33.98"x11.50" and 285/75/18 is 33.86"x11.26". I'm on stock wheels which are 18x8" with 56mm offset, but I've added 0.75" spacers which is ~19mm. With the Fuel Anza being an inch wider at 18x9 with 20mm offset. I'm worried about potential rubbing on the KDSS which right now I'm clear of (and why I decided against 35s). I would imagine this combo would work fine since it's cleared worked great for Ken for a couple years now, but I just don't want to mess up something that currently works great. The center bore on the Anzas is great too at 110.30mm, so it should be hubcentric.

View attachment 2001218View attachment 2001219
Heh, oh sure go ahead and believe your "facts" and "calculations"!

I'm on +25 offset Icons, so very close to the Anza's as well. We'll see what @kreiten says. I highly suspect you can make yours work with minimal alignment adjustments if required (slightly less caster, mainly). If you have ~+19mm offset working I would be surprised if +20mm makes a difference. In theory 8" vs 9" rims make no significant difference in the height or tire width either (though you probably know what they say about theory vs practice).

@kreiten I browsed through your thread, and it appears you don't get any rubbing on the KDSS or frame with the Fuel Anzas but I wanted to double check. Any rubbing on anything metal? I think the stance with those wheels and tires is ideal for a 200.
I've had to continually cut out more plastic over the years but do not rub on the KDSS bar, frame or anything metal, for me this setup works perfect! Hope that helps Matt, let me know if ya have any other questions etc...

I have the Fuel Beasts which are almost identical to the Anzas in sizing. The 285/70r18 Ridge Grapplers do kiss the KDSS a bit and I haven't quite perfected the plastic trimming/re-shaping in the rear of the driver side wheel well. I think the RGs are spec'd at like .2 inches larger than the KM2s, assuming that's what Ken is still running?

Thanks gents! I had a wheel/tire that was losing ~5 psi a day even with brand new rubber just installed, so I thought I might have an issue with the wheel. I went back to the tire shop and they inspected and didn’t see any issues, but they replaced the valve and reinstalled. If I have any more issues with it, I’m going to replace with some Fuel 18” wheels and keep these tires which I love and have had 3 sets now.

I have the Fuel Beasts which are almost identical to the Anzas in sizing. The 285/70r18 Ridge Grapplers do kiss the KDSS a bit and I haven't quite perfected the plastic trimming/re-shaping in the rear of the driver side wheel well. I think the RGs are spec'd at like .2 inches larger than the KM2s, assuming that's what Ken is still running?
yep still running the KM2's, if they ever kiss the KDSS I don't feel it at all, but I know at full crank it's close...

hi i just bought a black rhino wheels with -12 offset, they look great but i will have problems in the future?

i mean some people said that id danger road like this with this offset, i have bf 315/70/17 tires

after the lift, still rocking the 275/70 R18'sView attachment 1142384
So this is the setup I'm looking to go with - 275/70/18s plus the Ironman 2inch cellfoam pro kit [heard this lifts ride is amazing, feeling almost better than stock]. Silly question, but any idea of your height at this setup [ground to top of rack in inches]? Mine would be slightly lower w/ a 2 inch lift. Goal: trying to determine if this would fit into my garage.

So this is the setup I'm looking to go with - 275/70/18s plus the Ironman 2inch cellfoam pro kit [heard this lifts ride is amazing, feeling almost better than stock]. Silly question, but any idea of your height at this setup [ground to top of rack in inches]? Mine would be slightly lower w/ a 2 inch lift. Goal: trying to determine if this would fit into my garage.
best guess would be 77 or 78 inches as it sat. Still rockin the Ironman CellFoams, they have taking a beating and are still going.

best guess would be 77 or 78 inches as it sat. Still rockin the Ironman CellFoams, they have taking a beating and are still going.
Good to know, assume you've been pleased with the ride quality [clearly you are off road], but also on road? They are currently on sale. Would you recommend paying extra for the pre-built coil overs? ...77-78 inches would work, I've got 79-80 !

Are those the MTRs in 275/80? If so what do I gotta worry about? Just sold my KM3s and looking to purchase those
These are the MTR"s in the 35x12.50 R17's, used a shoe horn to get these on 🤪

Body Mount met a sawsal head on!

i-bqgxjW7-X2.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom