knuckle housing stud ? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm referring to the four studs at the bottom of the housing that the steering arms mount to. I have it as part # 43211a. What I'm wondering the thread pattern or pitch. My axle service is taking forever due to bad brass spindle bushings that were deffinatly bad that had to be ordered yesterday because there isn't a dealer in central Florida that stocks anything for my truck. It gave me time to clean and repaint everything but while I was re-assembling everything up to the spindle I broke one of those studs. It's out but incase I have to order one from the nut and bolt supplier here is like to know the measurement. I hope the dealer has one but if not I could use the #s if anyone knows.
Thanks

Get real ones, replace all of them.

90126-12005

dannyp: ^^^This^^^. IMHO now's the time to check all the other nuts, bolts, and washers for wear and damage and order everything all at once from American Toyota; they'll probably have everything you need in stock, shipping takes about four days regular UPS. Can you post up some photos of your worn bushings?

As suspected they've got to be ordered from the dealer. They'll be in by 8am Tuesday. Woulda called Dan but I need them ASAP I'm going outa town Wednesday night or Thursday morning depending how quickly I get this back together juggling work and wrench turning. Kernal ill post pics after work.

It doesn't matter where you get them as long as they are the correct ones. This is one assembly where you do not want to substitute fasteners.

Here are some pics of the spindle bushings I felt had to be replaced. The lines from my palm out are from my attempts to remove them with a pilot bearing puller that didn'thave a thin enough lip to fit in the groove between the bushing and the spindle. I ended up using care and a prybar anti a bfh to drive them out. They were a pita. But the lines that run along around the inside of the bearing other than the grease journal are the grooves that made me decide I couldn't put it all back together with these in there. The outer shafts on the birf have very minute lines but not enough to make me want to resurface them at all, they're smooth.
IMAG0190.jpg

IMAG0188.jpg

IMAG0193.jpg

IMAG0187.jpg

IMAG0186.jpg

Looks almost like some of the bronze has transferred over to the steel, will that clean up with something like steel wool?? Did the knuckles get low on grease??

Yep when I got the truck it was low. Not dry but low. I could feel the difference between the old hard grease in the knuckle and the new grease I've been adding.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom