Knee Replacement Surgery (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Brentbba

Former Golfer
Threads
Well, Tuesday is the big day. Left knee total replacement. I've been bone on bone for quite awhile now and it's just time to end the aching and occasional wrong step shooting pain. I'm young and have been working my :censor: off at the gym lately, so I feel as ready as can be. I'll be off work a minimum of 6 weeks. Never been off work that long in my entire career. Full time job will be lots of rehab and exercise to learn to walk again.

Gorry pics to come so stay tuned! :popcorn:

Good luck with the surgery Brent! I'm sure you'll be back at it in no time :)

Brent. Good luck. You know I'm down the street. Let me know if there is anything I may help you with.

Brent, best of luck to you!

Another offer to help out, let us know if there is anything we can do for you.

Good luck, Brent! May the knee gods be with you.

Well, Tuesday is the big day. Left knee total replacement. I've been bone on bone for quite awhile now and it's just time to end the aching and occasional wrong step shooting pain. I'm young and have been working my :censor: off at the gym lately, so I feel as ready as can be. I'll be off work a minimum of 6 weeks. Never been off work that long in my entire career. Full time job will be lots of rehab and exercise to learn to walk again.

Gorry pics to come so stay tuned! :popcorn:

Good Luck!

Please tell me your ortho isn't putting a stryker or zimmer implant in.

You'll be back walking the course in no time :beer:

Good luck Brent! I don't envy you at all, but you'll be as good as new in no time. Sounds like you're set up well by doing the "pre-hab" before surgery, that will help out a lot. Do as the doc and PT say, work hard on the rehab, and you'll have a good recovery. Let us know if you need anything! Keep us updated.

Out of surgery. All went well!

Hey Brent, hope it goes well for you.

- Does OC have a club or land cruise meet and greet?

Glad to have you back. And that it was just a short, and hopefully not too painful, trip!

Just saw this Brent and wish you a speedy recovery. You're pretty young for that, must be some funky DNA.

The one time I had big surgery I was off for 6 weeks, felt great after 2 and had a 4 week vacation in Hawaii.

Good luck.

Just saw this Brent and wish you a speedy recovery. You're pretty young for that, must be some funky DNA.

The one time I had big surgery I was off for 6 weeks, felt great after 2 and had a 4 week vacation in Hawaii.

Good luck.
LOL-yep, Dad's heart and mom' back and knees! She had a knee done at age 76. I compounded things with competitve tennis in HS and college. Would rather do younger to handle rehab better.

First walk w/o brace this morning so going home this afternoon! White cell count is back down to normal and red is very good.

Now to stay on top of pain for the next couple of weeks and do all rehab I can handle!

Glad to hear your three legs are still intact! :)

Good to hear it went well. Let me know if you need help with anything. Like maybe someone to test out your Globetrotter for a while...:cool:

So what brand knee do you have?

I don't know the brand yet. I'm certainly going to ask tho! All I know at this point is that it's a fully rotational one to handle my golf and other outdoor activities!

Couple of crappy cellphone pics I took of the huge wrap they put on in surgery and the the little waterproof medicated bandage that will stay on for 7 days. Shower yesterday when got home felt great! The blue thing sticking out is the valve to a cold water compress that attaches to a machine that circulates ice water thru a pad on the knee. Beats the heck out of ice packs!

IMG-20130718-00046.jpg

IMG-20130718-00047.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom