Klune V to gain Drivetrain length? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

IMO, do slightly more than just a Klune (which, personally, I'm not a huge fan of, having seen a few busted parts in them...)

Keep the 350....and the SM465...and run a Marlin doubler with stock gears to a minitruck back case. You'll save quite a bit of weight (that 205 is HEAVY) and keep the centered rear output, plus get a better initial low.

If you are running an offset rear diff, then swap in a split case from the 60/62 series with the Marlin in the middle. That was one of my initial choices...

How long is your front shaft now? Mine main shafts are both ~26" (front is 2-piece, first section is 13", 2nd is 26")

how bout the 465-203-205 then.. If not the marlin. (I'm biased, have 2 marlins)
or for weight. .Toybox to minicase?

Woody, I am not breaking the 4:1 Klune in front of my 205 with my idiotic 350hp style of driving, so I think they are fine. Then again I have an automatic in front of it too.

The only failures I have heard of from Klunes was on the bad batch of input shafts.

Ed

Rock Taxi said:
The only failures I have heard of from Klunes was on the bad batch of input shafts.

Ed

likely the culprit then, knowing the sources of the breaks.....install issue is also a likely issue...lol

Gay?

Well, I am using the 205 because it was nearly free, it's 10 spline, so to do the doubler thing, I would have to upgrade right?

Maybe I'm just worried about nothing as far as length of driveshaft in the front? Damn, I wish I had more time to work on this thing to really see what will be happening.

Thanks for the input.

wngrog said:
Klunes are gay.

Nolen, we don't make fun of how you look, so lay off my one bit o bling.

Besides, it still saved me a pretty penny over going with an Atlas and for anyone who does not have offroad adhd like you, they are ok for use. ;)

Ed

tonkota said:
Gay?

Well, I am using the 205 because it was nearly free, it's 10 spline, so to do the doubler thing, I would have to upgrade right?

I think most kits are for the 32 spine only. ORS has a kit to convert yours, but it's 200 bones. Kinda kills the "free" aspect. Also ORS has been jerkin' my buddy around for 6 months on an adapter they said they could get, consequently, his truck has been taking up space in my shop collecting dust. I'm not too happy with ORD lately :mad:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom