Klip's FJ62 revival (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Happy new year everyone! The rear axle is in and now sitting on all 4 tires. The front is lower than the rear, but I need to get my other tires on it and get it on level ground, then check things out before I make any changes. I had to make a new bracket for the parking brake cable and all I had was some big angle iron, so I cut it down, made it the right height, and tried to make it not look like a piece of angle iron, now it looks like an A. But what the heck its on there and it works. I'm using the stock parking brake cable, also had to make a short extension for the parking brake cable since the taco axle is a little wider. Need to make brake lines, shock mounts, and get some rear shocks, then it's time for the engine swap.

View attachment 846412

View attachment 846413
Did you have to cut and re-mount the spring perches or were they okay in the factory location?

Here we are 10 years later! Wow! Not a whole lot has changed on the cruiser. We don’t really get to use it too much, Christmas trees and a couple camping trips a year. But I really really want to finish what I started.

Coming soon:
-Rear axle build. Not sure on the housing yet, ruff stuff or trail gear. 9.5”, 5.29’s, ARB.
-5.29’s and ARB for the front.
-Atlas t case
-Rebuild trans
-Rock sliders
-Finish front and rear bumpers.
-Interior finishes like cargo area panels and storage.

No room inside and not putting it on the roof! Trailer hitch Christmas tree holder.

IMG_1097.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom