KISS Drawers (Keep It Simple Storage) for 200s (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Installed, and love them. Definitely a must buy for a DIY'er.

Haven't decided on how I'll finish them yet. Landshark's new ratchet strap is inbound, and I'm eagerly awaiting the wing kits.

If you're on the fence, go for it!

View attachment 2243018
View attachment 2243019
Curious if any of you with the REEF or KISS considered bringing the drawers a few inches closer to the rear tail gate as it would allow the 2nd row seats to recline a few more inches?

Mine overlap the plastic piece that covers the gap between the cargo area and the lower hatch. You have complete flexibility for where you situate them. These aren't a fixed solution, the final setup is only limited by your creativity and your fabrication skills. These live in the zone between creating something from scratch and the pre-packaged solutions like ARB, etc.

I got two REEF drawers put together last weekend and all good. Drawers slide nice and easy. Next step was to finish. Put painters tape on all the aluminum and rubber strips, sprayed some Raptor liner on the bare wood with a Monstaliner tint to match the charcoal interior. Looked great! Let them cure in the garage for a week to reduce the odor before installing.

Apparently, I didn't follow the KISS principle. Yesterday, went to put into the LC and the drawers would not slide in to the frame because of the liner. Yes, I also sprayed the interior frame and exterior of the drawers while I was on a good roll.

Anyway, had to break out a belt and orbital sander to remove the liner coating from exterior drawer sides and interior frame sides. Ouch. They slide in now.
:bang:

Just finished up my complete Land Shark REEF system install. This is the first wing kit for the 200 that Dave sent me to test fit for production. I did have to modify the wings a bit but we’ve got the dimensions spot on now. These should be available very soon.

The wing kits do not interfere with the second row recline. Plenty of room to recline and still open up the wings for access. Shown here are 2 Reef cores, 2 anchor kits, 2 wing kits, 1 mayday and 1 sandbar.

Absolutely stoked with the new setup and love the modularity of the Reef core system. Definitely excited to see what else he has brewing for the Reef core systems.

0293C4C9-CE77-4DDB-B85B-EEA1B55E6D3F.jpeg

3584416F-4843-40ED-92E7-0E63429074E5.jpeg

BEFFEB1F-72C4-48E2-A7EB-8559027CC2C5.jpeg

37A18475-A981-4FAA-AE1C-142E2973AE51.jpeg

F8F869C1-812B-4072-9E97-F00BE4DC0DB4.jpeg

Here you can see how much recline is available and still be able to access inside the wings without interference. The driver side second row is pushed all the way back and reclined. The passenger side second row is pushed all the way forward just to show the range available.

3B416968-4C29-4C60-8A54-8CFAF57318B7.jpeg

7A7B931F-057E-4F28-A427-CEB03FB2843E.jpeg

Got my Reef drawers finally operational. Added interior carpet. Stained fronts and put t-locks on each drawer. Made my own anchor plates. Have interior lights installed just need to connect the wiring. Added aluminum top top edge.

Looking to add these pin switches so lights come on when door is pulled open. Amazon product ASIN B001TQPM6QCurious if others are using something better to trigger lights.

Next is to mount anchor on top shelf and maybe some foam yoga mats to keep things from sliding around on top.
Very anxious to get the Reef wings. Will add fridge in the summer.

IMG_7739.jpeg
IMG_7740.jpeg

I have 4 kids and a 2013 LC 200 - looking for a modular removable option while retaining the third row jump seats. Is there a drawer option which would work in this scenario?
Appreciate any advice -

I have 4 kids and a 2013 LC 200 - looking for a modular removable option while retaining the third row jump seats. Is there a drawer option which would work in this scenario?
Appreciate any advice -

You could get just one of the drawers. It doesn't look like 2 would fit with the rear seats still in

I ran 1 Reef for a few months and you can use 1 of the seats in the third row with a single Reef. It’s also pretty easy to remove the drawer if needed.

@Snobum72 One drawer or two in a stacked config would work well while retaining the third row. As my family grows I could see a need to reinstall my 3rd row and I would stack my two drawers.

@Snobum72 One drawer or two in a stacked config would work well while retaining the third row. As my family grows I could see a need to reinstall my 3rd row and I would stack my two drawers.
Thanks- Is there a fridge track that could fit under the 3rd row jump seat when deployed?
Thinking- remove one 3rd row jump seat- install drawer on that side while placing fridge on opposite side when jumpseat not in use.
Then when needed - pull fridge and would be able to use fridge.

Got my Reef drawers finally operational. Added interior carpet. Stained fronts and put t-locks on each drawer. Made my own anchor plates. Have interior lights installed just need to connect the wiring. Added aluminum top top edge.

Looking to add these pin switches so lights come on when door is pulled open. Amazon product ASIN B001TQPM6QCurious if others are using something better to trigger lights.

Next is to mount anchor on top shelf and maybe some foam yoga mats to keep things from sliding around on top.

View attachment 2294495View attachment 2294496

I absolutely hate those hood pin type switches... I'd run a magnetic switch if I were you.

Amazon product ASIN B07PRQRQH4
No experience with the specific ones linked, they're just what I found with a quick Amazon search.
Appreciate any advice -
To be clear, you cannot run these drawers (one or two) with both of the 3rd row seats installed. The single drawer (or two stacked) idea only works with just one of the third row seats installed.

I don't know of anyone that makes a set of drawers that are short enough to run with the whole 3rd row installed. YMMV, but I don't personally see much benefit to running a drawer set in that scenario...

These are looking real good! Thanks for working on the wing fitment @RiDE. I'm going to be adding one drawer and one wing later in the summer. @Snobum72 I looked for a 'lateral' drawer that I could run with both 3rd row seats in the 'seating' position. Didn't find any off the shelf and just went with a couple duffel bags. I only have three kids and we used one jump seat. Lately they've decided they would rather just sit across and I haven't used the third row in about six months. So I'm going to pull one of the seats and put in a drawer and see if they miss it.

I can't remember what's what, but I would look at normally open/closed switches.

Can you elaborate on how you anchored them? Thanks.

Can you elaborate on how you anchored them? Thanks.
Look at post above #264 which shows how the aluminum is anchored.

I did the same except I used some leftover screws and threaded back plates to secure the aluminum to the wood frame.
If I recall, I added two screws on each end and maybe four in the middle wood sections. Figured this would provide more security than just wood screws.
The parts I used are in photo below. Got at local HW store. Cut the aluminum to the length of the drawers (2 pieces).
On the forward two seat anchors, I had to get a Dremel out and grind down some of the plastic from the duct work that is near the two anchors towards the front of second row to get those M10 screws to go straight in. (The original bolts are shorter below the plastic duct work, at least on my 2018). Edit: the two M10's for the rear seat anchors go in fine (40 MM length)

IMG_7751.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom