Keystone Cruisers BESF weekend campout! Oct 10-13 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

2. SITE DIRECTIONS & INFO: We are planning to arrive Thursday evening to the group site. I will write a separate post with directions and access info as I likely won't be the first one there.

I've got a general idea where I'm going. Is there signage for the group site on RT192?

DIRECTIONS:

We are staying at the Hall Mountain Group Site, which is located just off of Bull Run Rd (route 477) in Rebersburg, PA. The site is ~30 minutes west of the town of Lewisburg.

If you come up along the river into Lewisburg, turn left onto 192 and head west for approximately 22.5 miles (you will pass Raymond B. Winter state park on your right), then turn RIGHT onto Bull Run Rd (route 477). Proceed ~1.5 miles and you will see the turnoff to the group site. Turn RIGHT onto a gravel road, open or go past the yellow forest service gate, and proceed about 300 yards back to the large circular group site.

Park your truck, unload your stuff, open a beverage, proceed with merriment!

NOTE: there is no cell phone service at the site! PM me ahead of time with your phone number and I can share a dropped PIN from my Iphone with the campsite location.

hmgs 1.jpg

hmgs 2.jpg

I'm out and sorry to miss this. Please have a cold one for me.

Cool. See you tomorrow.

Looking forward to seeing everyone! I reserved the back room at Elk Creek Cafe for 20 people Saturday night at 530.

Looks like we should have great weather and a good crew:

Me and my family
@JeepinPete
@elk - John, his wife and two boys
@Von Hayek - Bart, his wife and two girls
@westwardCruiser - Nate, his wife and 2-3 kids (sorry I forget your count!)
@joabmc - Jody and wife - joining Saturday
@Pacer - Aaron and maybe son - joining Friday night
@rubicondon53 - possible guest appearance?!

It's looking like we'll be rolling in tomorrow evening at some point (with 3 kids). Can't wait!

To ease the minds of all of the parents on this trip, our girls have a cough but they are no longer contagious.

86 that. Rhea and the kids are not coming--just not worth it with the cold temps, other kids, etc. I'll be there by myself, but I must unload the 100 and load the 62. And now I'll need a toolbox.

Last edited:
To ease the minds of all of the parents on this trip, our girls have a cough but they are no longer contagious.

86 that. Rhea and the kids are not coming--just not worth it with the cold temps, other kids, etc. I'll be there by myself, but I must unload the 100 and load the 62. And now I'll need a toolbox.
I'm experiencing very similar weather here as well.

“The weather is here, I wish you were beautiful!”

Four trucks and families last night. Off to a good start! Looking forward to seeing the rest of you today or tomorrow sometime.

BD5A2D3D-E16D-41DE-A10B-41EA63FCD88B.jpeg

A3E5BE85-4198-4EB0-BC42-01A674DC2488.jpeg

79AE7037-BBFB-4B6E-B69F-949261046057.jpeg

Last edited:
I've tried, and I can't bring Theo, which means three kiddos and their respective activities take priority.
I'm afraid you will have to fend for yourselves come Saturday breakfast.
Sorry to miss this and thank you for putting it together!

Big thanks to Ben for organizing this weekend. Some R&R was much needed and this was the perfect recipe. Although we only had about 24hrs on-site, we had a great time and it was nice to catch up with some old faces and meet new. Sounds like we need to have a few more of these as it was well received by all.
We decided to take a hike after most had left other than @westwardCruiser and family. Ended up being about 6.5 miles and a perfect day for it.
@elk, @Von Hayek, @JeepinPete, it was great to meet you all and hopefully we’ll cross paths again.

We Only got to spend Saturday with everyone, thanks Ben for setting this up. It’s a great thing to be out and about with like minded folks in the Pa woods. The food and live music at Elk Creek was over the top !

Just got home, was great hanging out with all of you! Look forward to the next camping trip. It was a little creepy after you all left, but also very quiet :)

I realized I didn’t hardly take any pictures, but here is a nice reminder as I was pulling out.

9AC145FE-3795-4DCF-BA45-DA5605CB9EFE.jpeg

Just wanted to say THANK YOU to everyone who showed up for the weekend!

It was great to see everyone, hang out, and explore the forest. I really liked the relaxed pace of the weekend and felt that the group campsite was the perfect hub for everyone. I'm going to put this weekend on my personal calendar again next year and hope other folks will join again.

That group site would comfortably hold at least 10-12 trucks & families.

73C511CE-162F-4B3A-994E-9E9CD540B73F.jpeg

B8541182-FAC0-4CD2-8CF2-A0010EFB69C2.jpeg

F6E9F51A-FF0A-423F-86F5-638E6A4EE811.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom