Keystone Cruisers annual Meeting Shady Maple (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

33x10.5r15 and 255/85r16s they are also a c**t hair taller than the other manufacturers tires.
Or were you just breaking balls haha

Thanks to BROKEROB1 for the kind heads up on the intake piece. Should be arriving in a few days. Great time meeting new folks & especially crawling around the other 40s. Heck of a fun morning!

Ken

Yep... the Toyos are the beesknees...

And breakfast was awesome... it was great to meet everyone!!!

Of course I looked for that piece for sale online last night and noticed it was gone! Congrats…

Thanks to BROKEROB1 for the kind heads up on the intake piece. Should be arriving in a few days. Great time meeting new folks & especially crawling around the other 40s. Heck of a fun morning!

Ken

I put Toyos Open Country MT tires on the HDJ81 when I was outfitting it for the 2017 Colorado trip. They were the most expensive of any I looked at but I went with them because of the strength of their sidewalls. Can't be too well prepared for the sharp slide rock on trails like Pearl and Italian passes out there. The Toyos were also the absolutely heaviest tires I've ever mounted. After this months club wheeling day and seeing an all terrain and a Toyo of a different style sustain sidewall cuts at Anthracite my faith in the Toyo Open Country MT is sustained. They ride well and weren't particularly noisy on the road. I replaced a set of General Grabbers with the Toyos and the performance with the Toyo was substantially improved in every way imaginable.

While on a tire kick I would heartily recommend the Goodyear Assurance Weatheready tires. I've been running the assurance line on my cars for years. The ones I bought for the Subaru have a tread wear rating of 700, and are rated A for both traction and temperature. They are a radical improvement over the Bridgestone tires they replaced. Not cheap, but Goodyear is offering rebates of up to $160 for a set of sour of these.

While on a tire kick I would heartily recommend the Goodyear Assurance Weatheready tires. I've been running the assurance line on my cars for years. The ones I bought for the Subaru have a tread wear rating of 700, and are rated A for both traction and temperature. They are a radical improvement over the Bridgestone tires they replaced. Not cheap, but Goodyear is offering rebates of up to $160 for a set of sour of these.

I just put a set on our lexus CT200H and so far so good. I haven't had a chance to test them in snow yet. I'm trying to make the car drivable in light snow. Not a easy task with its super agressive traction control system. If any one has a idea how to defeat it at the flip of a switch I would love to talk more.

Given that it’s a hybrid disabling the traction control like that will be a task much easier said than done.
I'm not so sure being a hybrid has much to do with it. What sucks is ours is a 2012, in 2014 lexus added the ability to turn it off.

I just put a set on our lexus CT200H and so far so good. I haven't had a chance to test them in snow yet. I'm trying to make the car drivable in light snow. Not a easy task with its super agressive traction control system. If any one has a idea how to defeat it at the flip of a switch I would love to talk more.
Lookup navigation hacks, see if it's itegrated there...

My 2011 RX450h has a button to turn off traction control.
Weird? But typical.

That is interesting, that is the first time I have heard it referred to as the certification mode.
From what I recall at the dealer, the procedure listed puts the vehicle into a maintenance mode.
When doing that procedure, the combustion engine runs constantly to help diagnose misfires or any other concerns with the combustion engine, if we did water pumps, instead of throwing a brick on the pedal to keep the combustion engine running to move the water pump, we would do this procedure.
However I do not remember it disabling the traction control system, but now time to experiment, going to check a few of the hybrids at work and see if the traction control is disabled.

You could run a switch to bypass/ disable ABS. That will turn it all off on the fly but the compromise will be no ABS...
And most hacks that I’ve seen or done, reset once the vehicle is turned off. But you can disable on the fly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom